cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Standard material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i have an scenarion , In sales i will be selling non standard material i.e i will not keep in stock , when the customer comes for non standard dimension , i take the order and i pass it to production dept to fabricate.

How do i Create the materail for non standard , where the dimension will be changing regularly.

i dont want to use variant configuration ,because only one character used that is size.

And also i dont want to create a new material for each and everytime (this will be tuf process then)

Hope i explained the process clearly, Is ther any possible to do it ,

please let me know ,

Advance thanks

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend.

CONCEPT:VARIABLE SIZE TEM

You use the concept of variable size item in SAP(pp). here we define BOM item as item category'R' .In BOM maintenace u specify the variable dimensions .e.g Length,Breadth,thickness. So when an order is created u can mention the difeferent dimensions. You can post this question is SAP(pp) forum for better results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil ,

Thanks for your valuable reply ,

Please tell me whether the material maintain in the bom should cretae on with which material type.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can maintain as FERT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil ,

Thnaks for your quick response,it was very useful answer ,

As per your advice i done the settings ,

I created BOM (usuage 5 S&D) withe two sub compenent called length and height with item category R.

Then i created sales order, in sales order the BOM exploded and in the sub compenent of BOM i given the size against the lenght and breath.

After saving , When i run the mdo4 , where i can see that for this order what is the lenght size and breadth size.

The scenario is only the size varies (only input from the customer)

please let me know at earliest.....

Thanks and Regards

Praveen S