cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA dilemma: multi cube?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 cubes: 0PCA_C01 (updated with extractor 0EC_PCA_1) & 0PCA_C03 (updated with extractor 0EC_PCA_3). In the first one I get both plan and actual PCA records (summaries) and in the latter I get only the actuals (line items).

I need to be able to report on 0MATL_GROUP (attribute on 0MATERIAL) wheras I need to see all postings, both actuals and plan, on 0MATERIAL. Unfortunately, in 0PCA_C01, I only have "representative material" (which in R/3 is only used for plan postings), so I don't get all the info I need this way. I have to combine it with the info in 0PCA_C03, because in this one there are the real postings per material.

So I have one cube with plan values on representative material (0REP_MATL) and one cube including the actual values per material (0MATERIAL).

I need to be able to report on 0MATERIAL__0MATL_GROUP so I need to get the values from both cubes into 0MATERIAL. Do you agree?

Could I use a multi provider to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fredrik,

My view:

You can start with MultiProvider.. but while defining the query technically there is no link exists for both cubes..

If you can add 0MATNR to the cube 0PCA_C01 and populate the value of 0REP_MATL into 0MATNR while loading the cube..

you can restrict on the cube level with '0MATERIAL__0MATL_GROUP'...

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Yes, I have added the 0MATERIAL in 0PCA_C01 and populated it satisfactory (from 0REP_MATNR). This way I do get the material group for the plan postings.

However, since there is no MATNR field in the 0EC_PCA_1 extractor (this one is populating cube 0PCA_C01) and the actuals are posted using this field, I need to get the actuals per material from cube 0PCA_C03 (updated from 0EC_PCA_3 extractor). Here I have the 0MATERIAL as standard.

So I have the info object 0MATERIAL in both involved cubes and created an maulti cube on top of them. Should I be able to see values per 0MATERIAL from both cubes?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

> So I have the info object 0MATERIAL in both involved

> cubes and created an maulti cube on top of them.

> Should I be able to see values per 0MATERIAL from

> both cubes?

>

> Best regards,

> Fredrik

Yes.. you should be able to see the data from the both the cubes as you have query is build on top of the both cubes.. Do you see any issue??

regards,

Hari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

You can map both cube in a MultiCube and report on 0MATL_GROUP only if you can map 0MATERIAL with 0REP_MATL or if you have 0MATL_GROUP attribute also for 0REP_MATL.

If you can't establish these mapping on Multicube you can use:

1) Report-Report-Interface: you define a query on the 0PCA_C03 with the details of 0MATL_GROUP and 0MATERIAL and then you can jump to a query on 0PCA_C01 with all the 0REP_MATL related to the materials of the first query.

2) replacement variables: using the same way of the previous solution.

3) You can insert the material in 0PCA_C01 (best and heavy solution).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your reply!

In the update rules of 0PCA_C01 I have mapped 0REP_MATL with 0MATERIAL. This way I get the plan values.

In the update rules of 0PCA_C03 the 0MATERIAL is standard. This way I get the actual values.

So I guess that the multi cube should be able to get values from both cubes per 0MATERIAL? I have however tried this, but without finding any records belonging to cube 0PCA_C03 in the report based on the maulti cube..

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm.. 2 checks..

1. Can you see any material (from 0REP_MATL value) is maintained in the material master of 0MATNR?

also the record should have valid material group as u are filtering on material group..

2. Can you recheck the fields identification tab in the multiprovider definitions?

regards,

Hari

Message was edited by: Hari Kiran Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

Chek Identification Tab: 0MATERIAL and 0MATL_GROUP mapped for both Cube.

Chek Selkection Tab: Actual Key Figures for both cubes.

Chek if the master data in 0MATERIAL derived from 0REPL_MATL are the same of 0MATERIAL in the other cube (perhaps you have an error on format or length).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. In the material master of OMATERIAL there is no connection to 0REP_MATL. These are two different info objects...

2. In identification tab, all info objects are updated from both cubes (including 0MATERIAL and 0REP_MATL).

BR,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, 0material and 0matl_group are mapped for both cubes.

Yes, actual key figures for both cubes

As I try to create a report on the multiprovider (only include key figures and 0VTYPE) it shows me no values on 0VTYPE = 010 (actuals). I see only key figures for 0VTYPE = 020 (plan)...

In the identification tab of info provider, 0VTYPE should be updated from both cubes...

BR,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fredrik,

Point number 1)

What i wanted you to check is..

1. Let us say 0REP_MATL is populated with value ABCD.

2. Since our new update rule definition 0MATERIAL also should have got populated with ABCD.

So I want you to check if there any master data exists for 0MATNR and the Material Group Name.

0Matnr->Maintain master data...

Point 2)

at query level and multicube level we can ignore 0REP_MATL value as.. they are no longer required..

Am I clear?

One more thing:

Do you have any 'filter' on the query.. if so can u please remove and execute for teting purpose and see if the data coming from the both cubes or not?

regards,

Hari

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to be able to take the actuals from 0PCA_C03 and the plan values from 0PCA_C01 (separation on value type). Is this possible somehow in a multicube?

Or does this have to be controlled in the info package? In that case it might get a bit complicated, because I use 0PCA_C01 for reporting on actuals also (other reports)...

What's your opinion?

//Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Yes, there is masterdata incl. MATL_GROUP in 0MATERIAL and I see that I get data into the 0MATERIAL in the cube.

Yes, I agree that 0REP_MATL is no longer of interest since 0MATERIAL has taken over the values from 0REP_MATL.

But how come that I get nothing with 0VTYPE = 010 into the multi cube...?

//Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps the best soultion would be to add the material field in the 0EC_PCA_1 extractor and then to direct both the representative material and the material to 0MATERIAL in the transfer rules? Would this be possible?

I'd appreciate your opinion on this!

//Fredirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fredrik,

Why are restricting only '0VTYPE = 010'

You need also planed ones correct? so.. can you restrict it to both 10 and 20??

since '0VTYPE = 010' is passed to the C03 and getting 0 records?

Am i mising anyting=

Regards,

Hari