cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log off from the system in BEx Web?

josko_poljak
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are having BW 3.5 and users are using Rolemenu as starting point in BW. We do not have Portal application.

We need to enable log off from the system (through a link). Unfortunately SAP_BW_URL CMD="LOG_OFF" does not work for us.

Are there any prerequisites for this to work? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Josko,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josko,

yes, you understood that correctly. The automatic session management can be set to "active", which frees the resources on the backend server when leaving the page (this can be closing the page or navigating to another page). If it's set to PING, you will get what you want. But be careful, don't set the value too low. If the session timeout is set to 5 seconds, the user normally has no way to interact with the web page. Remember the user has to read the information on the page, click on a link and then read the results, that can not be done in 5 seconds! I think 60 seconds is a good value, but it refers to your page content, of course.

Theoretically by setting the parameter USE_PAGE_WRAPPER to X or PING, you could create a logout button as you like (see my little HTML-example above).

I hope I could help!

Greetings,

Daniel

josko_poljak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It seems to me that when using USE_PAGE_WRAPPER=PING no user interaction is related to 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout', i.e. Javascript is inserted in a browser page and it sends PING to server 10 seconds before 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout' is exceeded.

On the other hand, still had a problem, i.e. after successfully logging out and going back and pressing "Refresh" button twice page is back.

Probably, because resources are being freed (Log off) but Cookie is still there ("Referesh").

Greetings, Josko.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josko,

if you want a normal log off you could enable automatic session management (USE_PAGE_WRAPPER=X) in your web template.

Then a "normal link" like following should terminate the BW session:

<a href="#" onclick="javascript:self.close();">Close window</a>

Caution: There are several notes in SSM dealing with the automatic session management, please refer to SAP notes 853396 and 629124.

Hope that helps a bit.

Greetings,

Daniel

josko_poljak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

if I understood well after enabling automatic session management session will terminate automatically after 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout' seconds.

Our intention was to create "Log off" (Close window) button so when user afterwards presses button "Back" in browser he get message "Session timed out" or similar. Furthermore, we would like to close all users HTTP/HTTPS sessions on server with one "Log off" button (like in SAPGUI). Is it possibble at all?

What do you think of using combination of

USE_PAGE_WRAPPER=PING and reducing parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout to i.e. 15 seconds?

In this way if user does not return to page in 5 seconds (15 - 10 (PING)) session would time out.

Greetings, Josko.