cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile travel expense offline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any please let me know how the Mobile expense offline application(MTR) will open when the user is offline. Is this MTR application works like standalone application when the user is offline. Please let me know the details and do the needful.

regards,

krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Yes, MTR application can be accessed as a stand-alone application on the Mobile Client, when you are offline. You can work with the application, have the data saved locally and shutdown the client. To send last saved data to the server, you have to launch the application at least once before syncing.

Best Regards,

Kranti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mobile Time and Travel (MTT) have the expenses functionality that you are looking for, it works like any other Mobile application which needs Mobile Infrastructure to be able to run.

All the Mobile applications based in Mobile Infrastructure like :

xApp Mobile Asset Management

xApp Mobile Asset Management for Utilities (xMAM Utilities)

xApp Mobile Time and Travel (xMTT)

xApp Mobile Sales for Handheld (xMSA HH)

Are meant to be run offline where the user does not have network connection and trough synchronization once you get a wirless connection or wired it will send the data (saved offline) to the Mobile infrastructure server which in his turn will send it to the appropriate backend system.

Depending on your architecture and your company needs your Mobile infrastructure server can be runing as en example in ECC 6.0 dual stack ABAP+ Java (if it has been configured) or as standalone server that connects to an ECC system.

For more information:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mobile?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c029df7a-3250-2a10-ddac-9eee991c0114 [original link is broken]

/people/karsten.strothmann/blog/2006/11/07/sap-xapp-mobile-time-and-travel--entering-your-time-and-expense-data-offline

for Mobile Infrastructure:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mobile?rid=/webcontent/uuid/40909163-6b13-2a10-f083-f1146940f756 [original link is broken]

Hopefully I answered your question and you find the links useful.

Best regards,

Juan Jose Alvarado