cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP startup timings

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I would like to find out the SAP system startup timing for the last 6 months. I am only able to see the last startup timing(ST02 and startsap_<instance>_01.log). Is there any option to get the earlier data for last few months.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find the details in the available.log located at \usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS02\work folder.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Your solution seems to be correct for Windows based SAP system. However, I am using HP-UX. Not able to find available.log in Unix.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The complete details over the system startup timings could be found in the path /usr/sap/<SID>/<central_instance>/work/available.log

Regards,

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sindhu,

hasn't this very same answer not already been given on May 6, 2009 9:04 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess u can check that informaiton in Wrok directory sapstart.log and sapstart.env.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

it didn't worked out..it got only the last startup time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may find some information in system log too SM21

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adnan,

If you startup/shutdown SAP system through script, you can maintain this log as long as you want.

I do the same thing, and I can retrieve this information for last 1 year as well!

So, try startingup/shutting down SAP system through script and maintain this log by yourself.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Faisal..I am using the normal startsap command. Is there any possibility apart from the scripts as I want for the previous months.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Adnan,

as far as I know, the existence of available.log file does not depend on operating system, but depends on SAP version.

I suppose it was introduced because you are not the first and only one having this requirement.

For older systems I am not aware of any method other than checking log files, and this will not show all you need, as already has been pointed out.

As an additional resource you might also look at database log files. For example Oracle's alertlog will cover a longer period of time, unless you deleted it manually. But of course database uptime and SAP uptime may or may not be the same.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe, we only shutdown the SAP for some activity, not the DB so the alert.log will not help. I have checked in 4.6/4.7, available.log not present in Unix. Might be there is no option to find it out.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adnan,

I am also working on 4.6C, Windows platform as of now. I checked that available.log is present. As others said, I also believe that this file should not be OS dependent. However, as you said it is not available on Unix, as of now I dont have any idea about it.

These are the 2 ways by which you can identify this (to the best of my knowledge). Sorry for not giving you any positive reply.

Regards,

Faisal