cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL Reporter:unable to create new report definition using the excel template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Currently, i am creating a report using XL Reporter utilizing the report designer. I created my own template of the report using the following steps:

1. I opened a new excel file

2. I created the formatting and styles I wanted on the report

3. Then I clicked on microsoft office button>prepare>properties>document properties>advanced properties>summary tab>checked the save preview picture checkbox

4. Then I saved the file as an excel template and then I closed the microsoft excel file.

I went back to reports organizer and tried creating a new report definition and assigned my previously saved excel template file. Then the error pops up. The error message reads: Error starting excel! Cause: (Select Excel Template) '*.xlt' could not be found.

The error message also suggests I check the spelling of the file name. What does this mean?

Also,(error message suggests) to verify that the location (of the file) is correct. I haven't changed,moved, deleted nor renamed the file, so what does the suggestion mean? What then is the correct location of the file?

I hope you can help me on this.

Thanks & regards,

Yvette

PS: I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 version

Edited by: Yvette Avila on May 6, 2009 7:59 AM

Edited by: Yvette Avila on May 6, 2009 8:00 AM

Edited by: Yvette Avila on May 6, 2009 8:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excel 2007 template file extension will be different with 2003. You may need to save as 2003 template with the right extension xlt.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (0)