cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

degradated indexes of the table D0101INC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got message that my problem "can be caused by degradated indexes of the table D0101INC

If this is the case, please reorganize them"

What I should do to detect if this is thru and how to reorganize indexes in this case?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

What I should do to detect if this is thru

1. You can check in DB02/DB02OLD (since SAP_BASIS SP12) tcode. Select "detail analysis" give object name as D0101INC*. it will give you space taken for table as well as all index of it. you can mark the size of the index should be generally less than the table. if its more or very much similar size of table, you may say its degenerated.

2. Earlywatch alert gives the top 20 degenrated index. you can check that which also gives a factor 'storage quality'.

how to reorganize indexes in this case

While doing this, but make sure not much activity going on in system.

1. you can do it online in SE14. Go to SE14. give table name, Edit, - choose Go to - Indexes. it should show you all the index. choose the index you want to adjust. Then choose "Adjust and activate database".

2. or else you may use brspace to do this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/58/6bec38c9fa7e44b7f2163905863575/frameset.htm

After this you will have to collect the statistics via DB20 for the table/index, to optimize CBO path selection.

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this link may help you

Thanks

Sushil