cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring in MI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am beginner in Mobile and i have to implement a scenario in MI 7.1. Can anybody please tell me step by step process to implement whole process like how to implement data objects and how to see data that wheteher it is coming to middleware or not.

Also what happens if Adapters is Backend triggered or DOE triggered and how these can be triggered to see data.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Bajpai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the developement guide which tells you how to start with the developement in NW Mobile 7.10.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8F/0B674240449C60E10000000A1550B0/frameset.htm

DOE/Backend triggered adapters define the way in which the data is sent to the middleware.

There are 2 kinds of push supported by DOE.(Backend triggered)

1. Key Push - You push only the keys to the DOE and DOE takes care of pulling the entire instance into the DOE. Which means once the key of the instance is pushed to DOE, DOE executes the getdetails BAPI internally and gets the complete instance and persists in the CDS and to device etc.

2. Instance Push - You push the entire instance to the DOE. Since the entire instance is pushed, DOE does not need to contact the backend again as it did in the first case. It directly goes ahead to persist in the CDS and to device etc.

Steps to Implement Push on DOE Side :

1. First step to implement push is to enable your Data Object's backend adapter such that it becomes ready for push. You will have to change the adapter's 'Synchronization Type' to Backend Triggered (default is DOE Triggered).

2. Then you will have to specify a Backend BO Name(BO stands for Business Object). Its just an identifier used to identify this adapter from backend.

3. Incase you want to implement Instance Push, then specify a 'Instance Push Function' module name in the Bapi Wrapper section. Just specify a function module name, the DOE will create the function and will add code to it. Skip this step if you are implementing key push.

4. Save and activate the adapter.

On Backend side :

1. For key Push : Call the function module SMMW_BE_CALL_DELTABO(which is available in the DOE) by passing the Backend BO name and the keys.

2. For Instance Push : Call the Instance Push function module(which is available in the DOE) that you specified in the adapter by passing the complete instance.

Note : Since these function modules are available on the DOE, you will need to create a RFC connection from backend to DOE and then call these function modules using the RFC connection.

If you select as DOE triggered, data is brought to the middleware via delta download (tcode : sdoe_load)

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinodh,

Thanks a lot it was a very helpful reply but still there are few thing which i am not sure as i am doing things from scrach.

I have few questions below --

Is any configuration is required after Installation of MI7.1

1. Where do we define Backend BO name(After choosing synchronization type as Backend Triggered).

2. How Doe triggered can be implemented.

Thanks once again for your reply Vinodh.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

After installation of NW mobile 7.1 , need to execute the " initial setup of DOE" node under "DOE operations" folder in the transaction SDOE_SR.This will internally perform many configuration activities including generation of SAP Basis dataobjects,activating queues etc.Please check whether SAP Basis data objects are activated successfully by checking in SDOE_WB(thngs should turn green).

In TCODE: SDOE_WB , right click on Dataobject and say create backend adapter.

Backend BO name should be provided in the same screen where you create a backend adapter in the Adapter overview tab.

Backend BO name is just any name you define and then use the same name while calling FM:

SMMW_BE_CALL_DELTABO from backend while implementing key push.

For DOE triggered, no specific implementation is required in backend.

once the BE adapters are created in DOE , all the BAPI Wrappers (Get list,Get detail etc) are defined and then adapter is activated , executing SDOE_LOAD transaction will bring the data from backend to DOE.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

There is a configuration guide that is available for DOE. As stated by Liji above, sdoe_sr is a tcode where the configuration is done. You just have to execute all the steps in that tcode. You can find it here,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/17a790d8000064e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Under section 'Configuration of SAP NetWeaver AS', the tcode sdoe_sr is also mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I implemented DOE Triggered, here i created two Bapi wrappers Dept_getList and dept_getdetail. Imported them using import

Bapi wrapper functionality.

After activating them i executed SDOE_LOAD with initial download and delta download using both the option.

Then by right clicking on Scwcv i saw meta data but no records were there, but in backend i executed these BAPIS there data

was returned.

How to check where i am wrong.Please help its very critical

Thanks a Lot

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I hope you have given these bapiwrappers in "bapi wrappers" tab in the adapter creation screen before activation of adapter.Check if the RFC destnation is configured to BE rightly.

After load is triggered ,please check the queues in transaction SMQ2 as load will be asynchronously in these queues.

Check whether any queue entries are in ready state / running or in sysfail.if in read state, activate those queues.Once queues are finished, you will be seeing data in view meta data .

You can also check the status of the load in admin monitoring portal link from sap easy access menu.

Go to logs and traces link in netweaver mobile portal. Choose backend integration search mode. Give your SWCV name and data object name and search.Check for any business errors here.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the above reply, check if you have marked all the key fields correctly. When you import the BAPI Wrapper as Data Object the key fields will not marked automatically for the child nodes. You should mark them.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I tried the same steps with SWCV SAP BASIS 7.10 (Sap Provided) , but even for this no data is coming into metadata.

Should i try any other approach.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange.Were you able to figure out the load status from monitoring link(logs and traces?)

In case of SAP Basis SWCV, which dataobject did you check for.

Can you check for user details DO that the bapiwrapper SMMW_USER_DETAILS_GETLIST execution giving you some values(backend users) in IT_USER_LIST and still not able to see any data view metadata.

In view metadata , may you can specifically select the dataobject(for eg.userdetails) and then click on "View Details" to double check if data has reached DOE or not.

Incase there are any errors , you should be able to find them in logs and traces with environment "BACKEND_INTEGRATION" .Can you please try this and then see if the load status is success and still data is not in DOE?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Liji,

I am facing few problems in it, may i have your gtalk id(if you don`t mind) so that i can explain it in a better way,Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to the abovre for USERDETAILS in sdoe_load...a pop up comes saying no adapter class is defined.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Backend adapter for USERDETAILS was not generated. Trigger generation for USERDETAILS data object from SDOE_WB transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Are the SAP basis dataobjects showing generated status as green and active in sdoe_wb?

May be you can regenerate the basis objects manually from the workbench (sdoe_wb) .

Once successfull generation is done , try load again. I guess those objects are inconsistent currently.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto transaction SE38.

report name: SDOE_LOCK_REPAIR. Click on Execute button.

Choose SAP BASIS 7.10 from the input help for SWCV text box.

Click on execute.

This process will release the locks for SAP BASIS 7.10 objects.

Now you can regenerate the objects from SDOE_WB transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to SMQ2 , there will be a queue entry DOE_MASS_ACTGEN .

Please execute this(unlock the queues)

Once the queue entries are finished , generation status in workbench should turn green.

Either follow this OR the one Siva mentioned as repairing lock.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks a lot it has solved my problem now i have to send this data to mobile devices and then again i have to update Backend with the data coming from Mobile devices how this can be done. Could you please explain this in detail.... . Also how can i see data which is coming from mobile for monitoring purpose.

Mobile applications will be developed in JSP in place of web Dynpro.

Thanks a lot Liji.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am not sure how far is your development reached.I assume that you are aware of the device creation and other things like DMSCV assignments and all.

1) Currently the data is present in DOE

2)You would have defined distribution rules for the data objects already in a DM.

3) Acvitation of these rules from admin and monitoring portal will calculate the the relevant data for the device.

4) From the portal again, trigger extract for the device that brings the data to the outbound queue of the device.

5) Synchronizing client with DOE will bring the data to the client.

NW mobile 7.1 comes with extensive set of monitoring tools.You can check the link 'monitoring' in the admin portal.

In Message monitoring, you can check that messages that has passed through DOE (from Backend or from device). You can search based on SWCV, dataobject and many other criterias.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Liji,

Sorry for disturbing you again...i had a question that what are Recgen ,Subrecgen data objects. I read it but where to use and why to use it and how it can be used.Could you please come up with some solutions.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to the above one...what is the use of Receiver meta model..i did not do anything in it.Was this the reason for not coming data from Backend to DOE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

An overview of ReceiverGen , Subgen and RMM

RMM or Receiver Meta Model is a framework that defines various set of attributes per receiver type that could be created in DOE.

At present, DOE ships one RMM ie, Mobile with a set of standard attributes(single,multi valued) and users can define custom attributes according to the business use.

device type, language,users etc are examples of RMM attribute .

This means, the devices currently created in DOE will have RMM 'mobile' only.

RMM generation is important because at high level , this generates all get and set methods for the device attributes part of RMM-mobile.

Using Receiver generation data object administrator can manage device information using the backend data.For eg,if in the initial rollout phase, if logical devices has to be created for every employee (backend will contain this data) and based on region different attribute value to be assigned.

Managing device attributes, assigning DM SWCVu2019s to the device etc could be achieved through receiver generation data object without using device administration.

You can model a dataobject in SDOE_WB with category as 'Receiver Generation'.This DO shall be a download only one.

Once the dataobject is created,this needs to be associated with RMM attributes.Using TCODE SDOE_RMM01 in 7.10 release ,you can create custom group and its attributes.

Right click on the custom group and say 'Data object Association' to associate the Receiver generation DO to this custom group.

At the end, whenever load is done from backend, accordingly devices will be created/deleted/modifed according to the backend table entries.

Subgen means subscription generation dataobject

In DOE , distribution of data is based on rules.

If your device satisfies atleast one of the distribution criterias, the relevant data will be downloaded to the device.This means your device is one of the subcriptions for this rule.

Depending on the backend data, such subcriptions can be generated in DOE.

Subgen DO could be modelled in SDOE_WB with category : Subscription Generator

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Liji,

This reply has solved my problem , now i have a question from backend that , is any customization is required in backend SPRO after installation of MI 7.1.

At one place i saw that without this no orders will be downloaded to mobile device , is it true .We do this configuration in SPRO under Mobile Asset management.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am not aware of backend customization specific to MAM to get the orders downloaded.

From DOE perspective not sure if you are referring to implementing backend push for getting orders downloaded to DOE in the user exit in backend?

If yes, then as mentioned in the same thread , for Backend triggered adapters, unless key push or instance push is implemented in backend , instances will not be loaded to DOE.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks a lot for your support,In my development i have few problems now i am not able to see data in Outbound queue of Device which is in CDS table.

I have created a Standard(Not recgen ) data object which is Bidirection and DOE triggered .

In Distribution Rule i have assigned Bulk Rule

Under Device Binding i have Receiver category name as MOBILE and radio button clicked as ALL.

Under Device Mapping it is selected as None.

In Administration---

I created a device named dev

Enabled it for data extract

When i clicked on Extract button it showed me following messages

-- No data object is assigned for Device but i have asssigned it already.

Could you please provide me step by step detail so that i can view data in Outbound queue and then again sent it back to DOE.

I am fresh to MI so please let me know if any configuration is required or not for seeing data in Outbound queue.

Regards,

Abhishek

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have assigned the SWCV which contains data objects. We have to assign SWCV which contains DM's to the device.

Check whether distribution rule is active or not? We have to activate the distribution rule from Distribution rule administration.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Hope the load to CDS from backend is done and data is present in DOE.

From admin portal >Administration link>Distribution Rule administration

Search for your rule with DM SWCV as search criteria and activate this rule.(status turns green)

In case you have not made an application and in turn an MCD that can be deployed,then you need to assign DMSWCV manually to view data till outbound queue.

From admin portal>device adminstration>search for your device

In the tab DMSWCV > Assign More DMSWCV>Assign the SWCV in which Distribution Model containing the bulk rule is defined.

I hope the device shows enabled status.

Now in the device status tab , click the link 'view Subscription details'

This should show the data object name in the list.

Now View pending extract link should be visible to you in the same tab.

Navigate to the extract page and trigger extract.

Trigger extract should bring all the instances to the outbound queue of the device.

You can check this out in the "view outbound Queue" link.

PS : Please unlock if any queues in SMQ2 is in ready state, if you are still not getting the data.

You mentioned sending data back to DOE..for that you need an application ready and installed in the device.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks for your reply...i have one doubt now.I read at lots of places that BAPI Wrapper Get_detail is mandatory in Data Objects definition, is it so?

In my case i need only Get_list as it is a BAPI wrapper for providing search help, in this do i need to create Get_detail bapi wrapper also unnecessarily?

Regards,

Abhishek Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only if you have create,modify,delete bapi wrappers in your adapter,you need getdetail mandatorily in the adapter .

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I have a question on adding Rule..let me explain you first my scenario.

I have orders created in Backend and i have written Get_list and Get_detail and Modify for it, Now i have created a "Backend Triggered" and "Bidirectional" data Objects.

Now These orders have to be distributed based on work center.Means when a device sync that time i have to identify that to which Work centre this user belongs then i have to send all the orders of that Work center to that particular device.

How to model Rule for this scenario,could you plese help me in this.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to create a custom group in RMM SDOE_RMM01 transaction in 7.10

Create the attribute with same data type as the work centre field in the data object..

Now when you create a rule , choose device attribute mapping and map the workcentre field of dataobject to this RMM custom group attribute :work centre.

This way the order will flow down to a device whose attribute workcentre is filled as the same workcentre as in the order object,

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks for your quick reply...from your reply what i have understood is that in RMM i have to create a Work center Id and while device attribute mapping i have to assign this Id equal to the work center Id of my Order Data Object.

It means when user will sync with device that time he will be knowing his work center so this i have to ensure at the time of creation of device..is it so?

Where can i do this in this case?

Also how can assign you more that 2 points..currently i am not able to do it.And thanks for your quick and correct replies.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

since workcentre ID will be a device attribute , it can be set at the time of device creation.

If you are creating set of devices using receiver generation also it is possible to assign this attribute value for each of these devices.

From admin portal also you can assign value of workcentre id / any device attribute to a device.

device administration >attributes tab>manage attributes-->choose the tab according to whether its a single valued attribute / multi valued attribute and then you can specify the value there.

Workcentre id ideally can be multi valued attribute as a user can be assigned to multiple workcentres.

The rule evaluation happens whenever you enter/change/delete this value for workcentre in the device attribute and also when new / modified data is loaded from BE. Its like any other rule evaluation and data will be ready for extract.Once you extract and sync

you just get the data that was extracted for that device.

One more thing is that you need to generate/activate RMM mobile once you add a custom attribute to it

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I followed the same steps but when i clicked on manage device then everyting under multivalued

attributes is showing as disabled.

There is a button View or edit device attributes which is also disabled, how to solve this problem.Also i am not able to see the attribute work center Id which i created in midleware RMM under Mobile.

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you generated RMM after adding custom attribute.

Are you able to see the RMM attribute you created in the same tcode : sdoe_rmm01?

If you click on 'customize' button , then check the group that was created..is it listed there part of attributes tab?

Hope your user has the role : SAP_DOE_ADMINISTRATOR

Once the attributes are listed, you have to model a distribution rule using this device attribute.

choose the dataobject workcentre field as rule field.

using device attribute mapping , map the rule field to custom group=>workcentre and continue.

Activate DM. Assign the workcentre id attribute of the device some valid value from admin portal as mentioned.

activate the rule from portal. This should calculate the relevant dataobject instances for your device.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I am still not able to find these attribute values.Below are the steps that i followed during RMM customizing:

1. I executed transanction sdoe_rmm01

2. RMM Name MOBILE was already selected there.

3. Then i clicked on Category tab and added attribute "Workcenter" of Char4,also checked it as multivalued and Display.

4. Then i clicked on Customise button and under Cust GROUP i defined WORKCENTER.

5. After this in the same screen i clicked on Configuration tab

6. I defined here Attribute name as Workcenter Id

7. Then i generated this RMM .

Do i need to follow any other step.Please let me know i have stuck with it.Also if i have to follow any other step then

could you please let me know in the same step by step manner as i explained.Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not needed to first enter it as part of category.

You need to click 'customize' button. After creating a custom group,

In the configuratoins screen , give the workcentreid, give the datype,

check the boxes 'Multi Val' , 'admin UI display' in the same row and click save.

The status of RMM will become inactive now.Now Activate RMM.

CHeck whether the newly added custom group is listed in the same screen.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Now few Attributes from Category are not displayed like Language attribute is not shown. Is there any way so that i can revert back to the same RMM what i got just after installation of MI. I want to implement these things after that only.

Now Queue Name is blank on Device management Portal and i am not able to assign user to this.

Also very few attributes are getting shown on it.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how did this state come..did you delete somethings category tab?

In next releases we have disabled this option of editing standard and category ones.

For your requirement , you should have just added custom group from customize option only.

There is no straight forward way of reverting to original RMM.

But if you still have it in inactive version, then you have option to delete inactive version and get back the old active version.

Do you have this installation in some other landscape ? Then you can transport the original version from that landscape to the current system..

if this also not possible..then OSS i guess,..

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I wanted some help in the previous issue, Could you please provide me the list of all the category attribute

so that i can try creating them again in my MI system. Because what is happening currently that i don`t know what were the

category attributes before the "deletion of few attributes" happended.

So if you can provide me the list of all category attributes i can again make it a fresh RMM by creating those,Now i am not

able to see the outbound queue in Portal and i guess it it happening because the queue category attribute might have deleted.

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

May be this thread can be closed as its going on from quite long

Regards,

Liji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

At the high level

1) The dataobjects , Distribution models and backend adapters to be modeled in workbench (SDOE_WB) and activation all objects to be successfully done.

2) Get the data from backend to DOE using various options mentioned by Vinodh(load or keypush).

3) This should bring data from Backend to DOE.Easy way to check is use context menu on the SWCV name in sdoe_wb and say "view meta data". This will give a tabular display of CDS table contents in DOE.

3) Activate the distribution rules in DOE from admin and monitoring portal.

4) Once rules are activated, relevant data should be calculated for the devices.

5) perform extract from view pending extract links in admin portal for the device

6) synchronization of device with DOE should get the data to the client.

For monitoring the data flow to / from DOE , there is admin and monitoring portal available with NW mobile 7.1 installation itself .

You will find the link to this portal in your user menu in SAP easy access.

There we have various monitoring tools like message monitor , client session monitor etc to check the data flow between BE , DOE and client.You can perform a dataobject based search or SWCV based search and many more search criterias on these tools.

Please check this slides that explains end-to-end modeling of occassionaly connected mobile application using NW mobile 7.1

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/204fc387-6646-2a10-99b7-bba030bc3f68]

Regards,

Liji

Edited by: Liji J Kunnath on May 6, 2009 7:21 AM

Edited by: Liji J Kunnath on May 6, 2009 7:27 AM