cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data from BPC Cubes to BI Cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to load the data from BPC Cubes to BI Cubes.

Ealier we had to load the Actuals data from BI to BPC Cubes. This we achieved using Data manager feature. Now I have heard that the Loads back from BPC to BI cubes is not possible using Data manager. Also Direct transformations is also not possible.

Can any one suggest me how we can achive this task of loading the data from BPC Cubes to BI cubes.

Is there any way to do it or do we have any option similar to Data Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed there is a fairly new How-to Guide for Exporting Data from BPC. See the Articles tab here on SDN and look for the subject Enterprise Performance Management. The exact location for this guide is [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0427318-5ffb-2b10-9cac-96ec44c73c11]:

BW Open Hub Destination may be another option to investigate with respect to your needs.

Jeffrey Holdeman

EPM RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

1:It is possible to export data out of BPC cubes via custom process chains say into a flat file/csv format.There is a How to document available for the same in SDN.

2:Another option is i think you can create a Bex querry over the BPC multi cuibe and then use different methods say have this querry as a source to APD which would populate a transactional DSO.

REGARDS

SHYAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maddy,

DM can be used to get data INTO BPC.

Building a MultiProvider on top of your BPC and BI cubes might suffice your requirement.

hope this helps.

vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We actually have to load the data from BPC Cubes back to SQL Tables. in SQL Server.

For this we need to do lots of transformations so that the data that will be sent is of the same format as that of SQL Tables. Hence to achive this first we are moving data from BPC to BI cubes. In this transformations , the data would be converted in the SQL tables fromat. Once this is done the data is sent back to SQL tables with one to one mapping and without any transformations logic.

I hope you are clear with our requirement.

Please suggest if you have any other options to achieve this.

Thanks