cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Stock Aging & Inventory Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have three quick questions regarding the standard (and non standard) business content in SAP BW (I am currently on version 3.1):

(1) I'd like to create a Stock Aging Report. Is there any standard business content readily available for this report?

(2) What's the difference between the InfoCubes 0IC_C03 (Material Stocks/Movement (as of 3.0B)) and 0CP_IC_C1 (Material movement & stocks)? Both of them have overlapping InfoSources and DataSources (e.g. 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_UM)?

(3) In R/3, LBWE, 2LIS_03_BX is missing. There only shows 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM. Where could I find the 2LIS_03_BX?

In short, the requirement is to create a stock aging report, using FIFO, that would involve different movement types (GR, GI) and cross-plant transfer. The report should be viewed by Plant, Material #, Period, Stock Movement Code etc. Do you have any experience/comments to share on this as well?

Thanks a lot,

- JK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first DataSource (2LIS_03_BX) is used to extract an opening stock balance on a

detailed level (material, plant, storage location and so on). At this moment, the opening

stock is the operative stock in the source system. "At this moment" is the point in time at

which the statistical setup ran for DataSource 2LIS_03_BX. (This is because no

documents are to be posted during this run and so the stock does not change during this

run, as we will see below). It is not possible to choose a key date freely.

The second DataSource (2LIS_03_BF) is used to extract the material movements into

the BW system. This DataSource provides the data as material documents (MCMSEG

structure).

look these also:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/cdb505b46e4cdc8a36b6b151c463e2/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/87/ef4528f0c17945a23fabb82ded095d/frameset.htm

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J.K ,

Have you got the answer for the question:

<i>I'd like to create a Stock Aging Report. Is there any standard business content readily available for this report?</i>

Kindly update is on ths issue.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the 2LIS_03_BX from RSO2.

Anyway, are these two the only available extractor delivered by SAP?

And what is the difference between the InfoCubes 0IC_C03 (Material Stocks/Movement (as of 3.0B)) and 0CP_IC_C1 (Material movement & stocks)? Both of them have overlapping InfoSources and DataSources (e.g. 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_UM)?

Any standard materials/objects (SBC, DataSource, InfoCube etc.) that I can leverage for the Stock Aging Report?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes these are the infosource delivered by SAP for material movement and for material stock inizialiazation.

the 0IC_C03 is a cube with non cumulative key figure for the analysis of material stock in a specified istant

the 0CP_IC_C1 is a cube developed for a specific industry

if the answer is help, rember to assign points, is the way to say thanks....

p.s.

send me your mail and j give you the material...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

2LIS_03_BX is just stock initialisation. It is loaded just one that is only initially. This will have delta. So u will not find this in LBWE.

Go to SBIW -> Settings for Application Specific Datasources -> Logistics -> Settings: Inventory Controlling -> Stock Initialisation. You can use this to run stock initialisation and then load it to BW.

There is a Best doc for loading Inventory in www.service.sap.com. Topic Data loading for Inventory Controlling using 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_BF, 2LIS_03_UM.

Just follow that you will be able to handle the cube 0IC_C03. This cube gives you the current Stock.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhuvana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

send me your mail, i have some documents that could help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi luigi,

Our client is also having the requirement of stock age report considerig FIFO .In our project we are not going for batch management.

I would like to know if stock age report can be created using standard BI content.

Please provide with related document .my mail id is lalithailla@gmail.com

thanks & regards,

lalitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

3) In R/3, LBWE, 2LIS_03_BX is missing. There only shows 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM. Where could I find the 2LIS_03_BX?

with LBWE you can see only 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM, 2LIS_03_BX is used for stock initialization and not for the extraction of material movement

regards

luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

3) In R/3, LBWE, 2LIS_03_BX is missing. There only shows 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM. Where could I find the 2LIS_03_BX?

Check your plug in level, I believe it is availbale from 2003.1 or so.

regards

VC