cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Ignore ALE acks in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

folks,

ve done my research on SDN prior to posting ths Q.....

Scenario: Idoc-> PI

Q. I am trying to turn off ale audit (acks ) for IDOCs in PI. i Keep getting ths annoying warnings in my scenarios.

What 've done so Far...

In PI in the table IDXNOALE 've maintained the msg type of the idoc, the client(of sap sys) and the port(port of the Idoc in SAP system) details....

yet it doesn't wrk. can some1 thrw some light on ths pls...

've also heard that tr is some setting in the ID; in the Bus. Serv i've to Edit the Adapter Specific props...

can some1 ellaborate on that too (If that is the soln in the case) i did c some parameeters here like client, LS name, what shd b given here? the details pertaining to the SAP system??

hope i made sense.....

i knw ths is a simple config issue but ve been beating everywhr around the bush but not @ the rite spot...

Any Help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Hank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hank,

I think the way IDXNOALE works isn't really user friendly at all. You have to play around with it for a while before getting it to work the way you want it to.

I would proceed as follows...

1) First check if there aren't any ale acks setup in IDXNOALE that are in fact valid. There might be some there that were setup by someone else that worked on it before you.

2) If there are valid one's, make a note of them.

3) If there aren't any valid ale acks or you want to turn them all off then in IDXNOALE enter the sender port & client & click 'Do not request acknowledgement'. That should turn off all acks for that port & client.

4) Then click execute (or F8) to see the result.

5) It should say 'No acknowledgments requested for all message types for this system

Except for the following message types' and nothing else.

6) Then check if you still get the annoying warnings. You shouldn't get them. If you're still getting them then you need to verify that your Sender Port & Client are correct.

7) Lastly, if there were valid acks (steps 1 & 2), add them as exceptions to this. See 'Exception list' (Add Message Type) bottom half of IDXNOALE screen. You add the valid message types one by one & execute (F8) after each one you add. You should then see something like the example below. Then Idocs that are sent with the message types in the list below will show annoying warnings and any other message types won't show annoying warnings.

Example:

No acknowledgments requested for all message types for this system

Except for the following message types

ALEAUD

FIDCC2

ORDCHG

ORDERS

REMADV

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u all,

Just for clarification, the table shd b maintained in PI right?? or shd it b maintained in the Sender ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When u say sender port the: this is the port on the sending ECC system to send that IDOC 2 pi right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to maintain in PI only

You need to maintain port which is configured for ECC system in PI

for this go to IDX1 and check the port (normally it should be port of ECC system only)

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, thanks a lot Will revert back if that works

Hank

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnk u all:) workd perfectly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For suppressing IDoc ack i hope u have done as follows and pls cross chk one more tme.

1.If you want to suppress any kind of acknowledgment for a specific message type, maintain table IDXNOALE.

2.Call transaction SE16, and specify port, client of the sender, and message type.

3. Call transaction SE38, and run program IDX_NOALE.Specify Sender Port, and Sender Client.

Choose either Request Acknowledgment or Do Not Request Acknowledgment.

4.Call transaction SE16 to check entries in table IDXNOALE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute the report program IDX_NOALE, fill the parameter Sender POrt, Client and click on "Do Not Request Ack" button.

Cheers,

Shekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chk whether you message has been added to table for no acknowledement by running report

IDX_NOALE using se38

No need to do anything apart from this

Rajesh