cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 for ERP and EHP1 for NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding EHP4.

We are planning to install EHP4 for ERP 6.0 in our ECC server. Will this also install EHP1 for Netweaver on them?

Also, we have a portal running on a different server using the ECC server as the backend. Will applying EHP1 for Netweaver (as part of EHP4 for ERP6.0) on the ECC server have any implication on the portal? Or is it mandatory that we upgrade our portal also to EHP1 for Netweaver?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianoehler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

As part of the EHP4 installation in the ECC Server the basis will get automatically updated to q NW EHP1 level (ABAP).

The EHP1 is not mandatory for the Portal from an ERP EHP4 perspective - you can choose weather you update (EHP1) or not - therefore there are 2 different production versions offered in Maintenance Optimizer.

More information can be found in the guides via: http://service.sap.com/ehp-inst

Best regards,

Christian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for the answer. But we have ESS and MSS being used in the portal, which has the ECC server as the backend. Will applying NW EHP1 on just abap cause any issue for ESS/MSS in portal? Also, if it does, can I later install the NW EHP1 for the Java stack alone?

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I far I know, It wont cause any issue. But it is always recommended to upgrade ESS/MSS to Enhancement pack ie, 604

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rkandy,

Is there any SAP note which gives more details and errors one could get while installing EHP1 for Netweaver?

Thanks,

Ajay