cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized ESS not remain after performed an upgrade from EP6.0 to EP7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My client is having this problem where they upgrade their EP6.0 to EP7.0 and all their customized ESS become the standard ESS. As far as i understand, we need to re-implement modifications for the New track. (pls correct me if i am wrong). As told by my client, the old Track which contains those customized ESS has been corrupted.. Is there any way i can save the track back or by any other means i can get back the customized ESS source? (they are now having 2 EP in their development server, one is EP6 one is EP7) Thank you!

Regards,

Jo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joan,

what do you mean by corrupted track.

aren't you able to open that track in NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

I wasn't able to open the track in NWDS. I was told that the Track was corrupted by the Basis. Anyway, Now i have a clearer view, they actually upgraded the netweaver to 7.0 (2004s), the basis told me that when he is doing the upgrade, there's an option for him to remain the ESS version, therefore he said the customized ESS should have remain. Well, but it's clear that the ESS in EP7.0 has become the standard ESS, what should i do in order to get back the customized ESS to run in the EP7.0? please advice., Thank you.

Regards,

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

i dont know whether this work or not but give it a try.

changes which you made to standard ESS should have stored somewhere in the filesystem as SCA.get that and put that in CMS inbox and create a track and open that track in NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri