cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using external Library like iText

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, first of all i would like to thank all you guys because this forum help me so much, i´m new to webdynpro and i´m facing this problem, (this is my first post) . . . all i want to do is to "deploy new archive and run" and see my app running.

I ´m using the iText .jar in my DC Webdynpro project, i followed this blogs but to me is very confusing because it seems that are to many ways to do that, but nothing results to me.

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

this are the two main solutions i tried.

1.- Create DC Library

2.- add .jar to libraries folder

3.- add to public part (the two ways, assembly and the other one)

4.- build

4.- Create J2EE library DC

5.- Add to Used DC the two public parts of the DC Library

6.- Build & Deploy

7.- I don't see any .jar in my deploy folder

8.- I see the new library in Visual Admin

9.- Add to Used DC of my DC Webdynpro the j2EE public part

10.- I cant deploy and run my app

1.- Create DC Library

2.- add to public part the assembly and the other one

3.- build

3.- Add to used DC of my webdynpro app , the public parts of the DC library

4.- I have the hints, the class definitions but when i click deploy new archive and run

the deploy stops with errors.

i really want to know what is the problem behind this because i only try all the blogs solutions but with no knowledge behind, and i´m expecting some results following the solutions like a recipe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced the same issue,it occurs in NWDS version 7.0.9 etc and none of the solutions helped

Try installing 7.0.13,7.0 15 or higher.

In these version you need not have to create any J2EE DC,only creating External Library DC and adding the Public parts as Used DC to the Java webdynpro Dc will do.

Let me know if it resolves the problem

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! i tried first to upgrade and it works, thanks to everyone..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To user iText .jar in the webdynpro java project, you need to do the following steps :

1.- Create a project of type external DC Library.

2 - add iText.jar to libraries folder.

3.- create new public part of type "Compilation" by selecting the option 'Provides an API for developing/compiling other DCs' and the compilation

create a new public part of type 'Assembly' by selecting the option 'Can be packaged into other build results (e.g. SDAs)'.

4.- Then navifate to the "navigation perspective" and expand the External DC project and navigate

to folder "def" and open the files with .pp ext. Then add the following piece of code in the "entities" tag in both the files.

<entity>

<name>itext.jar</name>

<package></package>

<caption>itext.jar</caption>

<description></description>

<entity-type>Archive</entity-type>

<entity-sub-type>Java Library</entity-sub-type>

</entity>

5.- Then build the project and release the activity.

6.- Add to used DC of my webdynpro app -

Choose 'DC Metadata' under your WD DC and navigate to 'DC Definition' --> 'Used DCs'. Right click 'Used DCs' to add the DC usage relations. In the 'Add Dependency' wizard, choose 'Local Development' --> 'My Components' --> Used DC --> 'Public Parts'. Select both the pulic parts ExternalLibCompilation and ExternalLibAssembly and check the dependency type 'Build Time' for ExternalLibCompilation, and "Build Time & Run Time" for ExternalLibAssembly and then click 'Finish'.

7.- Finally, 'Build' the WD DC, so that all the declared dependency relationships gets well established. Thus far we've seen the approach for solving the problems related to the usage of External Library DCs.

Hope the above mentioned process helps you to solve the prob.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mena,

Firstly you have to create on EXTERNAL DC and go to project created in Your NWDs .go to Navigator option in below of Nwds.then Expand your external project--copy on your itest.jar file and paste into library folder

of your Extnal project.

after that built it then go to Dc MetaDefinition--create one public part (Public Part Option)after that open the

public part file-then some code (open Public part file-(Go to navigatorchhose extnal projectDef folder-X.pp

public part must be Compilation--X.pp

<name>default</name>

<purpose>compilation</purpose>

<entities>

<entity>

<name>iText.jar</name>

<package></package>

<caption>iText.jar</caption>

</entity>

</entities>

if public part must be Assembly--Y.pp

public part must be Compilation--X

<name>default</name>

<purpose>Assembly</purpose>

<entities>

<entity>

<name>iText.jar</name>

<package></package>

<caption>iText.jar</caption>

</entity>

</entities>

Then make reference your appropriate Dc through public part and built it and run the application

If any issues please let me know........

thanks

jati