cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the default path of the SAPHistory{USERNAME}.mdb file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working out of the office performance of the SAPGUI is poor,it appears to be when getting the SAP history data and therefore I suspect that this is because the default location for the SAPHistory.mdb file is in my My Documents folder which is stored on a Network Drive. How can I change the path of this file so that when out of the office I get better performance accessing the history?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, try to check this :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\LocalData

the DataPath , first check on test PC, i do not know how it works if you change it ....

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you for the reply.

I tried this and it didn't work for me. However, I have since discovered that this is controlled under the Customize Local Layout > Options > Local Data > Directory For Local Data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's the same setting, only changed from gui. Try to check now in regedit this path.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Network Admin has applied a limitation in group policy and I cannot view it. I was using a VB script hack to modify the entry which I have successfully done in the past. I assume that it didn't work correctly so therefore your proposed solution may otherwise have worked and could work for anyone else.

Thank you.

Answers (0)