cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of Additional data with new version creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We have a senario where in there are different inspection and approvers for documents of a document type,

the requirement is a mail to be triggered to this approvers based on trigger points or based on the previous status set,

to get the list or report of inspectors and approvers we have planned to maintain the same in additional characteristics tab?

now if the approver has been replaced or changed by a new approver, can we have Mass change of all the documents which had the previous approver, changed to the new approver value, with generation of new version to track this changes.

any BAPI or BADI doing this,

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the document has been approved, you may have issues because the locked status locks the DIR for changes. This can be over ridden by an enhancement but then you lose the system integrity for an audit.

My suggest would be to rather send to position than user. If the user leaves his position, the document would automatically be sent to the correct position.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

our requirement is to create a new version of all those documents having a particular reviewer, who now has been changed with a new person,

we are not going to change the original fields in the released DIR, just trying to create a new version of the DIRs with the new Approver as the Additional tab field value,

i think new version is altogether treated as a new DIR in DMS, so all the fields are open for input,

but the Problem is Mass creation of New version of the list of DIRs (changing the approver to the New approver in the New version)

any Bapi or Badi doing this or should go for development

Thanks and Regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on May 7, 2009 12:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question!

Hope the below solution could solve the issue.

For this scenario, have a status network as Create - Approved- released - Obsolete.

When u create a new DIR , you create and let the approver , Approve and release the document .

Set lock status to released Status in DC10 but not to Obsolute status.

Make a small development stating that "No Version should be created Until the previos version is released".Suppose you have released and when you try to create a new version of the DIR , system wil allow you to create the 02 version .If you release the 02 version the development should be that like 01 should be pushed to obsolete status as as it doesn't have lock status it will change to obsolete.

So now 01- is obsolute

02 is released.

This is for best practices only

Now let us come to your question . Go to Cv04n and select the suitable status as release and user ID name and execute.

You will get the complete List. take this list and send to the New approver for approval.

Now you need to develop an program for mass creation of version or choose LSMW .

for 02 version assign a new approver ID for approval.

advantage is : You are not overriding any DIR

The previous version is always available to you for reference

Its is adviced for best practices.

Hope you got my view

Regards

fapreeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robo Robo,

Thanks for your response.

it will definitely take time for me to understand and implement your solution.

any how

i understood to have a status network as Create - Approved- released - Obsolete. and how to keep the previous version status as obsolute when a new version of the same document is released, it sounds good.

but how to go for the development using which BAPI or BADI,is what we are looking for.

any how our basic requirement was different,

we just want to create new version of the selected list of documents, (Mass Creation) and while creating new version the additional tab value field is changed with a new value.

any BAPI or BADI doing this is what i needed

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

I agree with the Athol.It will surely create issues from Audit point of View.If SAP HR is Configured you can use the feature of Organizational Hierrachy in Organiztion Mnagement in SAP HR.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande