Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post QA Refresh Steps in an HR Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I'm hoping to get some additional information on this.

When the UMR is imported in post-refresh activities, this will wipe out the target system's roles/profiles/users and replace with the source system's UMR (the backup).

However with HR Role assignments through OM, will these be restored when RHPROFLO is run on the QA system that's just been refreshed?

I want to ensure that the roles assigned to position through OM in QA are restored after the refresh. My guess is running RHPROFLO and User Comparison after importing the UMR will restore the QA roles/profiles/users.

can anyone confirm?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to SDN.

RHPROFLO will read the HR master data and create the users in the system in which it is run. However, when you are talking about client copies / refreshes, after the QA refresh and the QA exported UMR is imported back in QA, you will get the QA users retained after PRD data is copied.

Why do you want to run RHPROFL0 in QA? Is'nt the HR master data being masked in QA post refresh?

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

HI Nigel

Not user what is the policy of the organization for HR system refresh, As Abhishek mentioned

HR sensitive data are masked in QA systems.To answer your question roles to position will be in place, even if you run PROFL0 you have to uncheck generate new users and this will just perform the user compare similar to PFUD.

Thanks

Santosh kumar