cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Permanent variables in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Seeburger has the ability to set variables in the UI and access these permanent variables accross mappings. Notes on how seeburger does it below.

An example might be setting a phone number or tax id which may change at a later date and we'd want a functional person (non basis or developer) to be able to modify this.

I'm doing a PI 7.1 implementation which is not using the SeeBurger adapter and looking for similar functionality.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Quick summary of how SeeBurger adapter access permanent variables

Create a user defined function e.g.

GetVariable

import com.seeburger.functions.permstore.*;

try {

VariableBean be=VariableFactory.getVariableInstance("");

return be.getStringVariable("VARIABLENAME");

} catch (Exception e) {

throw new RuntimeException(e);

}

These variables were able to be accessed by http://<host>:50000/seeburger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard options available in XI would be Fixvalues and Value Mapping - But both need a XI person to get it done.

Value mapping still can be an option though. You can use the valuemappingreplication and have the table updated from an external source - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/content.htm

Or else the last option would be to store all required data into a SAP table and have the person modify that table only. A rfc lookup can be done on this table for the translation/lookup of data

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m not sure if you still have this issue,but we were able to store permanent variables in Ztable in PI system and access them via ABAP mapping .

the difference is that Seeburger does this at the database level(by using java),we did that at database level(by using ABAP).

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m not sure about this, but just check probably in PI 7.1 they have provided some UI option as well. But I really doubt anyone would have explored it yet.

If at all you are able to achive this, do let us know in this forum.

Thanks.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can access the Permanent variables at message mappping level using edit java selection,

which contains

Golbal Variable section

Intilize section

Clean-up secton.

otherwise you have to llok for table/value look up.

plz check it and let me know any more required.

wamr regards

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also set the global variable and can access accross different mapping, this can be done by using the concept of Global Container. Global container can be set in any of the UDF. To define the variable in Global container use setter and Getter method.

Point for me if the answer is userful.

Regards,

Shekhar.