cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV_AFTER Range for Multiple DREs in a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two EVDREs in my report. It's a simple report with two categories on the column, plan and actuals, and accounts on the row. I want to add a variance calculation at the end of the column to show variance between plan and actuals. I used the AfterRange, but for some reason, the calculation appears only on the first cell. I've applied the same AfterRange formula to both EVDREs and it's not doing what I want it to do.

This may be a simple question, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you have 2 EVDREs? Are the data ranges or key ranges overlapping in any way?

To pinpoint the problem, first get the variance calculation working properly in a single EVDRE. The afterrange only will work if that axis (row or column) has a dynamic expansion. If you have your categories on the columns, and there are just 2 of them, then I'd question whether you need a column expansion (and an afterrange). Keep it simple, and just include your two data columns + your one variance column in your colkeyrange. For the variance column, keep the colkeyrange value blank (no member ID).

Then build your variance formula in the cell intersection of the first row of your rowkeyrange & the variance column of the colkeyrange. If you use a row expansion for your accounts, EVDRE will copy that formula down to the lower rows, each time the row expansion runs.

If you don't use a row expansion (your list of accounts are fixed), then you need to copy the formula down manually, the first time you set up the report. After that, everything should work fine.