Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field level security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In transaction XD02 there are fields Control Data, Payment transactions, Marketing ... Contact person.

Is there a way in security to block all of these fields except contact person. I saw the way in the IMG but if we lock them down if we had to make a change we would have to open up the IMG to make the change thanks Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for "SHD0" and "transaction variants" in the forum .. should give you a good start

Thanks

Abhishek

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for "SHD0" and "transaction variants" in the forum .. should give you a good start

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do from security side also.

I guess here Customer: Central Data - F_KNA1_GEN is the object which give access to Contact information if so then except for authorization object [Customer: Central Data - F_KNA1_GEN] change the activity ITEM from 02[change] to 03 [Display]

Then the rest would be displayed but not editable.

Cheers,

Bharath

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make a Variant from XD02 by using TCode SDH0. Make all Fields Invisible except Contact person. Then create a TCode against this variant.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

I could not really find Tcode - SDH0 at least in ECC 6.0

Can you please confirm it. Thank you.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops!! My typing mistake and apology.. it should NOT be SDH0.. It Should be SHD0.

Mant thanks for noticing this.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys for all your help with the very fast responces. I really appreciate your help i could not give all of you the resolved question. reply sorry, but thanks again especially for this great forum.

Mike