Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BEX Browser

Hello gurus

This is the first time i am working on 3.5 BW. I always executed queries using RRMX. Today i tried to execute the query Start>business Explorer->Browser.

It displayed the list of queries under favourites. when i double click on the query..new window is open with msg The selected page cannot be opened.

Is it necessary to have internet connection?

If yes then what is the difference b/w executing the queires using portal (Web application designer) and using BEx Browser.

Hope i am clear

Regards

Rak

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi Rak,

i guess you are opening report that actually web template (not bex query). web template will need bw web functionality enabled. if the report you open is bex query(normally workbook in 'old days') than it will call bex analyzer instead of web browser.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ec20a990-0201-0010-f291-d1d039975e41

WAD is the web reporting editor actually, execution in web browser like ms-internet explorer, hence it's web based, no need to install anything in user site. and bex browser is windows-based application where users have to install this front end software. mostly we didn't use this bw browser anymore after upgrade to bw 3.x where web reporting come with rich features.

hope this helps.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question