Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Browser

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

This is the first time i am working on 3.5 BW. I always executed queries using RRMX. Today i tried to execute the query Start>business Explorer->Browser.

It displayed the list of queries under favourites. when i double click on the query..new window is open with msg The selected page cannot be opened.

Is it necessary to have internet connection?

If yes then what is the difference b/w executing the queires using portal (Web application designer) and using BEx Browser.

Hope i am clear

Regards

Rak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rak,

i guess you are opening report that actually web template (not bex query). web template will need bw web functionality enabled. if the report you open is bex query(normally workbook in 'old days') than it will call bex analyzer instead of web browser.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ec20a990-0201-0010-f291-d1d...

WAD is the web reporting editor actually, execution in web browser like ms-internet explorer, hence it's web based, no need to install anything in user site. and bex browser is windows-based application where users have to install this front end software. mostly we didn't use this bw browser anymore after upgrade to bw 3.x where web reporting come with rich features.

hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Browser is like a front-end for you, you can make different folders here & can move queries etc assigned to your role among these.

you can also save URLs etc in these folders. It is generally not used.

Portal - one if you are accessing outside of LAN of your company then need internet access, otherwise you just need Internet Explorer but make sure WAS ( Web Application Server) settings are done.

hope it helps

regards

VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge,BEx browser is 'out-of-date' and is not being used nowadays.

Web Application Designer is the preferred choice.

I dont think it needs internet connection.

But I believe it does need some settings configured in BW.

cheers,

Vishvesh

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When i execute in my laptop i am getting page cannot be displayed where as when i execute on the system beside me..it shows the report..what might be the reason?

Regards

Rak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rakesh

just try to check with the explorer you working with. as i am not proficient in WAD but i think you need to have some setting done at the browser level to work with the web reports .

hope this helps

regards

vijaykumar