cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 is a Ramp-up version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm learning SAP Netweaver Mobile technology and I'm a little confused with that subject.

There are a lot of information, but when I read about it I found that:

1) DOE Data Orchestration Engine (the new name of MI server) runs on SAP Netweaver ABAP 7.1 ... but there isn't a such ABAP AS version currently! The latest is SAP Netweaver AS 7.0, isn't? So .. it's general available this version or it will be available later?

2) Can I configure SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 on SAP Netweaver AS ABAP 7.0?

Thanks for any answer

Investiga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can anyone tell me that what are the steps to connect Sap GUI for windows to mobile.

what are the required softwares, basically i want to open SAP GUI on my mobile, also please tell the model of the mobile which is competible to operate SAP GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this clarifies my question ...

Investiga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the answers.

but ... my question is:

if the last SAP Netweaver AS ABAP released version is 7.0 (or 7.01 with its Enhancements packages), then ... what is the SAP Netweaver AS ABAP 7.1 version?

I'm trying to undestand SAP Netweaver Mobile, and i want to know what I need to get start with SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1. I read that I need SAP Netweaver with Usage type AS ABAP and usage type Mobile.

What are the installable units?

I'm a little confused about the right versions ...

Thanks

Investiga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We mean that SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 is released and in the same netweaver stack , Netweaver mobile 7.1 is also available.

To install an SAP system or parts of an SAP system , SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 DVD is available .Usage type Mobile requires Application Server ABAP and there isnt any seperate installation unit for DOE(server side) alone.

But if you want to use the default mobile client with DOE, then additional installable units are required(SAP GUI for windows/ SAP GUI for Java,netweaver developer studio(part of nw CE 7.1) and sap netweaver mobile client 7.1 )

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the above information, installing SAP Netweaver 7.1 AS ABAP is the first installation step in the migration process to NW 7.1 mobile.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for the sake of clarity,

1. Its not a new name for MI(NW MI 7.0) nor its a new version of MI. NW Mobile 7.10 also called as the Data Orchestration Engine(DOE) is altogether a new platform that is slated to be the successor of MI 7.0. You should be able to see the NW Mobile 7.10 installation in the SAP service market place and its part of SAP_BASIS 7.10 packaging. As Siva mentioned in the above reply, its out of ramp-up and is in general availability for anyone.

2. I'm not sure if both MI 7.0 & MI 7.10 can be configured on the same AS as the version of SAP_BASIS differs. Ideally you should have a dedicated landscape(D-Q-P) for 7.10.

Best regards,

Vinodh.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DOE (Data Orchestration Engine) is a new version of MI. It is more powerful than MI in terms of capabilities and performance.

DOE is already out of Ramp-up phase and now it is available for all customers.

Regards,

Siva.