cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new user to my DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently joined this application team where they are using DTR for version control. I'm kinda a newbie in SAP. Can anyone help me on how can I add the new userid in the DTR for myself?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of the post installation JDI.Administrator and JDI.Developer Groups are created.

If the user should be added to the groups based on the role he/she is likely to play.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This all depends on the UME setup that your NWDI is using: Is it using a local database or a remote LDAP like Active Directory?

You'd best ask your System Administrator or Authorisations officer to create a user in the system. Only people with sufficient authorisation can create users

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have the UME Administrator access. Do I login via UME to add my userid for the DTR? I just don't know where I can add my DTR userid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, just create a user in the UME and assign the appropriate roles/groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any specific roles/groups for DTR? or is it not the same for every project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That totally depends on the ACLs that you configure in the DTR (using the DTR Admin plugin of NWDS). By default no ACLs are defined, meaning that the entire DTR is open for everybody that has a user with the JDI.Developer role.

For more information read the NWDI Installation Guide on the SAP Service Marketplace and also visit help.sap.com, which contains a lot of information about the NWDI architecture and configuration.