cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required property of MDM Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my repository I have certain fields for which I have set the field property as Required. Few of them are text fields and few are Look Up fields. I believe simply setting the field property as Required doesnt work for either text fields as well as Look Up fields. So thats why I have written a validation expression REQUIRED_FIELDS( Manually typed the expression in the editor as it is not available in the Function dropdown menu) .It is validating if there are missing values for any required fields but even if I enter values for the required fields and run the above validation still it shows validation failure.

Was wondering what can be the root cause? Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks

Prabuddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

Issue with earlier versions was REQUIRED_FIELDS when used in validation validates all the fields present in the repository irrespective of the Required property. As suggested by Shilpa you need to upgrade the version or use the IS_NOT_NULL function for all the required fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

Kindly update us on your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

to fix this issue with Required fields just add a space after typing in the function REQUIRED_FIELDS , otherwise it won't work correctly.

Hope I helped you. It work in MDM 7.1.

BR,

ILIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

This is know issue and is fixed in SP06 patch 5. The current planned release date is Q4 of 2009.

The workaround for this is use function "IS_NOT_NULL(your_required_field_code)" instead.

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silpa,

Thanks for your answer . Just to give you a brief introduction presently the implementation is on SP06 Patch 4 .So is there any other way using the Required Field property along with the REQUIRED_FIELDS validation.

Thanks

Prabuddha