cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild RFC model after the FM has been updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have updated a function module in R3. Basically, I changed one of the import parameters from required to optional. After I done so, I tried re-import the model but NWDS says no delta found (it does not recognize the change). When I continue to run the application, it will complain that a required parameter is missing, which is the one I changed to optional.

What do I need to do for the JCo connection to pick up the new change. The same FM tested fine on R3, i.e. it does not require that parameter any more.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the J2EE server re-started and that helps. I wish there is a less dramatic way to do it. Thanks all for the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to restart the J2EE server after re importing the model in your webdynpro application,

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat and Parama,

I tried everything except re-starting the J2EE engine. How do I clear the RFC cache? Is the RFC cache on the CE server (where it hosts my Web Dynpro app). I can see quite a few RFC connections in the pool under WD console. However there no easy way to clear the pool except maybe removing the connection definition and re-create it again.

Thanks.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

The only solution to this issue is to restart the J2EE engine server or remove the respective RFC cache(the basis guy will do it for you).In this case deleting the model is not recommended.Reimporting the model will suffice.

In case of further issues please do revert back.

Thanks,

Parama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the existing model and then import the model again. It may require the restart of the J2EE engine.

Regards.

Rajat