Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created one Z-Program in ECC6 ( unchecked the check box Unicode Checks active ) then i didn,t get any problem. but the same Z-Program Copied in another ECC6 system( unchecked the check box Unicode Checks active) then i got a error like...Z-report is not Unicode compatable. here the code is same in both the systems and both are ECC6 systems only. what is the Problem.

If i checked the check box Unicode Checks active, i didn't get any errors, but the problem with the output.

The above reoprt is created by using OLE concept, The OLE concept is Unicode compatable or NOT?

This report gives the output as EXCEL sheet. while downloading data in EXCEL sheet ( few changes are required like.... it downloaded with # sysmbol while downloading)

Regards,

Revoori

Edited by: Ashok Reddy on May 5, 2009 10:32 PM

2 REPLIES 2

former_member299080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the target system, where the error occurs, the Unicode checks flag is mandatory because:

1 - It is a Unicode system.

2 - It is non-Unicode but profile parameter abap/unicode_check is set to yes.

Anyway you should always check this flag to make sure your program will run in Unicode systems. In case you activate this checkbox and a syntax error occurs, it is because the program is not Unicode compatible and should be fixed.

Marco Monteiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the system status wheather your ECC system is Unicode system "YES"or "NO".

If YES then you need to check the check box Unicode Checks active in program attributes.

Regards,

Sathish