cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Hierarchy data sources in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if it's possible to create custom hierarchy data sources in R/3, which I can use for extracting data to BW.

If so please explain the procedures for creating the hierarchy.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

it's no fun ...

create a program that generates a flatfile with the proper hierarchy-structure (with node-dependencies and so on ..). logic for the setup needs to be defined in the program.

After having excecuted the program, best way is to post it onto the fileserver of the BW by ftp or a program using an ftp-enabled function module, so you can schedule it in BW. move into a logical file-name, so you can have a versioning by date to it. Oh, and you should raise an event, as soon the file is posted successfully into the file-server.

The datasource stuff for FF-Hierarchies within BW should be quite clear, isn't it?

need more info?

cheers

sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply.

Following are some of the application specific hierarchy datasources of material.

0MATERIAL_LGEN_HIER

0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER

0MATERIAL_LPRH_HIER

i would like to know whether its possible to create similar kind of data sources in R/3, ie custom hierarchies (eg for zmaterial).

I would like to know more about it.

Regards

Rajesh

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rajesh,

take a look

try transaction BW10

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

well if you need it for an infoObject ZMATERIAL,

Create the infoObject ZMATERIAL with reference to 0MATERIAL and you will have all 0MATERIAL hierarchies available for ZMATERIAL.

Nothing additional necessary.

The creation of similar Hierarchy-Extractors in R/3 is, as far as i know, not possible.

The proper order for the FF-Elements when uploading the self-defined hierarchy depends on the hierarchy-settings in the DataSource, for instance for sorted hierarchies:

Node ID NODEID NUMC 8

InfoObject Name INFOOBJECT CHAR 30

Node Name NODENAME CHAR 32

Link Name LINK CHAR 1

Parent Node PARENTID NUMC 8

First Subnode CHILDID NUMC 8

Next Node Along NEXTID NUMC 8

Language Key LANGU CHAR 1

Description - Short TXTSH CHAR 20

Description - Medium TXTMD CHAR 40

Description - Long TXTLG CHAR 60

Look also for the Function module for the FTP in se38 by FTP.

hth

cheers

sven