cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to PI to Idoc (within same R3 system)?

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a rather strange sounding question.

I am being asked to have an Idoc sent from system AAA to my PI system, then back to system AAA.

Has anyone done anything like this? In relation to PI I don't see an issue, but any issue with system AAA being both the sender and receiver of the same IDoc? Seems like there may be a logical system issue?

Any thoughts or guidance?

Thanks,

jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jake,

I tried SOAP - PI - RFC (of PI System), which worked.

There is a RFC destinatiion named NONE which has taken care of communication in my case.

There was a Business system already create for PI in my landscape. I used that.

I believe you can go ahead and check these 2 factors.

If you dont have a proper RFC destination ( of the type of communication you are using, then create one)

Check if you have a Business system for PI system in your landscape. If you have one use it else create one

Keep us updated about the results

Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Vamsi and Prateek,

how are you doing yours, similar to Prasanna's, or all within one client?

Are you using multiple logical systems?

I would like to keep this as simple as possible, both in operation and in design.

Thanks,

Jake

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are you using multiple logical systems?

can do with the same system...

I would like to keep this as simple as possible, both in operation and in design.

one outbound MI, one inbound MI, mapping (if needed) and the ID objects .....maybe nothing more simple than this:)

regards,

abhishek.

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

When you mention being able to keep in in one logical system, what do you do for that? Do you set up the message type as an outbound or inbound or both?

do you do something in your mapping in PI to change the type of Idoc from being an outbound to an inbound?

Do you need to do anything with the ports that are used? I know the outbound needs to point to the PI system, but do you need to change the ports in the PI mapping for any reason?

thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you are aware of the configuration paramter in case of direct transfer from ECC to ECC with out conversion i.e IDOC to IDOC-XML

Rajesh

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

If you want to use the same system (i.e AAA in your case) as a sender/receiver and you want to create a logical system for this you can achive this by creating in different clients.

For eg:- I have tried like this i have to client 100 and 800, 100 is my sender and 800 is my receiver system. When we are creating logical system i create SENDER logical system for client 100 and RECEIVER for client 800.

you can follow this approach to achive IDOC to IDOC in AAA system, All The Best.

Regards,

Prasanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problems. Go ahead.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no problem in this case