cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Query (Workbook) but no entries in Lock Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

the workbook containing input ready queries shows all (or most of) the query-lines as not input ready. But in RSPLSE there is no lock shown (just an old conflict is shown).

After some hours the workbook is input ready again.

Where does the locking problem come from if there is nothing shown in RSPLSE?

It seems some buffer is not updated and therefore a lock is shown.

E.g. the problem occurs if the variable screen is called and a selection is changed - after re-changing to the orignially (and 1st input ready querycells) query with the original selection again it is locked ... but it could only be locked by my own user from the former execution of the workbook....

Where can the locking entry be found and how to solve the locking problem?

Thanks for your help,

Angie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

could you check transaction RSPLSE and switch on the expert mode. On the first tab "Lock table", you can see an button, which allows you to clean the lock entries if you are using the shared object memory server.

Please also check your lock settings for the infoprovider in tab "lock characteristic". The lock relevant characteristics have to be on the right side. The not lock relevant characteristics are on the left side.

If a workbook gets locked for some reason and you want to enter data again, you can spend a button to unlock it. There is a special command SET_DATA_ENTRY_MODE to do this. Is it possible that you are chooosing a combination that is locked when you change the variables? Is the new combination locked? I assume yes. In this case the data entry mode is changed to not input ready. Changing the variables again, does not change the data entry mode again. This needs to be done by the command mentioned above or a restart of the workbook.

Regards Matthias Nutt

SAP Consulting Switzerland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthias,

thank your for the information.

We are using a Lock Table type Shared Object Memory of Server - but I cannot find the button to switch to expert mode in order to delete the locks - can you give some information where the button should be located?

It seems there is no locking conflict, since no current entry is listed on Lock conflict in RSPLSE.

Still the workbooks turn to a locked state and no entry of data is possible.

Have you encountered such a problem and what is the way to solve the problem?

Thank you for your help,

Angie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

please check note 928044. It explains how to use the expert mode.

From your postings it is not clear for me if the query was input ready when you started the query. Could you check this?

Regards Matthias

Answers (0)