Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get into Publisher Main Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

To strat MDM publisher, I have done as followings:

1) start up MDM publisher gui

2) in "Connect to MDM Repository" window, choose one repository which I can access from MDM Data Manager.

3) enter my user and password

4) click OK to continue

Afterwards, I can see that a pop up window named "Select MDM Layout Server" is also showing up. There are list of the PC names for me to choose to connect. As MDM Layout Server has been installed on my local, I just choose my pc name from the drop down list and confirm it with OK. But it asks me again and again even I have already chosen. If I click Cancel. Publisher Window has been aborted.

Can you tell how to get into Publisher Main window ?

Thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

It is always recommended to use the components from same installable. For Publisher version when it ask for layout server, at the background you can see the version.

For Layout Server, open the installed folder and check the properties of file MDLS.exe. You will get the version tab in properties.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

Just check whether your Layout Server is running or not. You can check the status from the Services. Start -> Run type Services.msc. If its already started then check the version of both Publisher and Layout Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked from the Services that the status of the Layout Server is in "Started" status with Startup Type in "Automatic".

Could you let me know how to check the version of both Publisher and Layout Server ?

Regards,

Wei Dona