cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect from SRM system to Punch out Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know connecting from SRM system to Punch out Catalog , do we require XI inbetween??

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor

Hi,

As Muthu has already indicated, you should follow the OCI documentation (attached)

Also, SAP XI is not required for catalog integration, communication between the external cat and SRM_SERVER is via HTTP using the OCI Interface.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason / Muthu,

As you said that is true, but in my case SRM will send HTTP message and my supplier is asking for XML message format.

i think if it is HTTP--- HTTP message means we can do it directly, because this is expecting XML format

We thought of using XI

Is there any Standard SRM integration content available for OCI in this case

Please suggest me

REgards

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

There is an XML variant of the OCI interface as described in the OCI documentation attached. Using this you can use XML documents instead of plain HTTP for the OCI transfer. No specific configuration is required as a transformation agent is contained within the FUNCTION bbp_ws_mapoci_to_sc

• map xml to oci structure

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_WS_DISPATCH_XML_MAPPING'

EXPORTING

iv_xml_type = iv_xml_type

iv_xml_document = iv_xml_document

TABLES

et_oci_items = et_oci_item_data

et_longtext = et_oci_longtext

EXCEPTIONS

xml_mapping_error = 1

OTHERS = 2.

In this xml mapping function we use a CALL TRANSFORMATION to perform the XML -> OCI mapping:

• Transfrom OCI XML data via XSLT to RFC structures

TRY.

CALL TRANSFORMATION bbp_oci_xml_to_rfc

SOURCE XML IV_XML_DOCUMENT

RESULT sc_items = lt_sc_items.

CATCH CX_ROOT INTO lr_exception.

• CATCH cx_xslt_runtime_error.

RAISE xslt_failure.

ENDTRY.

ENDIF.

• Put mapped data into export strutures

LOOP AT lt_sc_items INTO wa_sc_item.

IF NOT wa_sc_item IS INITIAL.

Hopefully this clarifies the possibility of using the XML variant of the OCI.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by: Jason Boggans on May 13, 2009 6:54 PM

Forgot to attach the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have some questions in relation to this post. We are using SRM Server5.5, classic scenario. At the moment we are using external catalogs from which the data is returned to SRM system by HTML form containing OCI input fields.

Currently we are negotiating with a new supplier who wants to send the data via XML file.

As I understood from the OCI documentation, the XML file is incorporated in an HTML form for the transfer from the catalog to the SRM server. Parameter "xmltype" specifies the type of the XML file that is used in order correct mapping to be found. Up to and including SRM 3.0 mapping is done in the business connector. for SRM 3.5 mapping can be done in the SRM server and as prerequisite is given that the corresponding XML shcema is used I suppose that this is valid for SRM 5.5.

My first question is how to find valid values for this field type "xmltype", because in the documentation given values are for SRM 3.0 and SRM 3.5?

And is there need to activate any BADi for mapping information from XML to OCI, or this is done by the system in the function which you are describing?

And I presume that the catalog parameters in SRM server will be the same as for the other external catalogs?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Desislava

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Desislava,

Apologies for the delay, I will answer where I can:

My first question is how to find valid values for this field type "xmltype", because in the documentation given values are for SRM 3.0 and SRM 3.5?

The values given and requirements of use for the xmltype in the OCI documentation are ~

ESAPO - For OCI version 3.0 using Business Connector

ESAPO3.0 - Pretty much same as above

ESAPO3.5 - xmltype for OCI version 4.0 using xslt transformation, no requirement for BC. (This is the one you should propose in the call structure.)

And is there need to activate any BADi for mapping information from XML to OCI, or this is done by the system in the function which you are describing?

For standard OCI mappings there is no requirement for Badi interference, as with any other usage of the OCI interface, if you pass custom values you will need to use the Badi to convert these to SC fields, from the perspective of your question, no additional work is required

And I presume that the catalog parameters in SRM server will be the same as for the other external catalogs?

Yes !

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your answer. I read the whole thread very carefully and I managed to give answers to myself. Your posts were very helpful.

Regards,

Desislava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I read the OCI document, in page no 16-- XML varient of the OCI----XML Type

it is saying that mapping can be done using the business connector . But we dont have BC.

Could you please suggest me on this

Regards

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the document in it's entirety, not just one section

See:

As of SAP Enterprise Buyer 3.5 the mapping can also be done in the SRM Server itself. A prerequisite is that the corresponding XML schema is used. The previous schemas are also supported.

xml type ESAPO3.5 is used as of BBPCRM 3.5 and for all version of SRM_SERVER

So BC is not required, the mapping is done in an internal XML transformation.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your prompt replies.

If the customer wants to do this using XI means, how to start this procedure and what are the things i need to consider

do we need to download any standard business content to XI from Service market place??

Please let me know

Regards

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

There is no configuration of the SAP XI required for this. (This is not to say SAP XI is not required!! We are still dealing with XML structures here )

We use the function MAP_XML_TO_ITABS which transforms the XML data via xslt into RFC structure using an XSLT transformation:

The 'FULL' usage:

IF xml_type = 'ESAPO-3.5'.

• Transfrom OCI XML data via XSLT to RFC structures

TRY.

SOURCE XML IV_XML_DOCUMENT

RESULT sc_items = lt_sc_items.

CATCH CX_ROOT INTO lr_exception.

• CATCH cx_xslt_runtime_error.

RAISE xslt_failure.

ENDTRY.

ENDIF.

It is not reliant on XI content for this.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Is there any Building blocks config gudie for SRM MDM 7.01 catalog

Also can you confirm  MDM is only for internal not for External Punchout catalog

based on your answers I want to reconfirm

When we impliemnt MDM catalog   and External catalog punchout 

we will behaving two links in the screen one MDM catalog and 2 punchout .

So  all the catalogs will not be inside the MDM .  MDM is purely for internal catalog maintainance and the data need to be prepared in Excell...  some formate of file and upload .

External punchout catalog we can never bring inside MDM and compate do cross catalog verfication with  Ineternal catalog

Can you elobarate on External and internal catalogs in MDM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

XI is not required.

see inthe Jason thread attached oci documentation.

you need to configure URL and Log on details in SRM via define external web services configuartion

and you may require to map catalog data to SRM data by BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

webservice id you must maintained in CAT Attribute in PPOMA_bbp.

regards

muthu