cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing large XML messages (>100Mb) in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have PI 7.1 & need to process & create Large XML messages with not so extensive mapping & direction is from SAP to FTP server.

I created the test scenario using Consumer Proxy in order to check how large message our PI server can handle, so till 100Mb it went fine but anything above 100Mb got stuck in R3 server Integration engine only. When I checked the message in MONI of R3 server, initially it gives "Automatic Restart" status & after the retry limit was over it gave me "System Error-after automatic restart" with the error status as -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Integration Server

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>110</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 110, error text: )</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Can you let me know how can we further tune our SAP R3 server to process the large files as the message is getting stuck in R3 server (at HTTP_SEND) only it is not even reaching PI server, also breaking message into small messages cannot be implemented as we need to send the file in ONE go only.

Regards

Lalit

Edited by: Lalit Chaudhary on May 5, 2009 6:05 PM

Edited by: Lalit Chaudhary on May 6, 2009 2:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Issue is resolved & here is the solution -->

I had to increase the icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB value to the maximum limit of XML I am expecting. Increased this on both Application Server & PI Server ABAP stack.

icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB has default value of 102400 & maximum it can accept is 2097152. I updated it with 200Mb.

After which I executed the scenario & I am able to create 188Mb file on File server in 4min. 30secs.

regards

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to maintain the IE Configuration Parameter in SXMB_ADM

Parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT of category TUNING.

For more clarification check SAP PI tuning guide.

Regards,

Boopathi

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so till 100Mb it went fine but anything above 100Mb got stuck in R3 server Integration engine only

all the systems are configured with a default timeout parameter....it determines till what time a system should try processing a file...if this is exceeded then you may get the mentioned error....

So what you can do is try increasing the timeout of your system....so that you give the system some more time for processing the file

Please note that increasing the timeout would mean decreasing performance

To check how much is the impact see the performance before increasing the timeout and after increasing..

If you need some help in file processing in XI:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Hope it helps.

regards,

Abhishek.

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Please have a look at this link and see if it helps you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/423f5046-0a01-0010-2698-b2dc7c31...

Best Regards