Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound delivery issue

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Pls advise how to process batch split for the case below. Thx.

When processing batch split in delivery, a message pops up below & cannot proceed further. If not processing batch split (i.e. just entering one batch no.), delivery can proceed further including post goods issue.

My comments: I try unchecking "check without RLT" for availability check 02 / checking rule B in OVZ9. But the below message still pops up.

How can I carry out back order processing or reschedule? I don't think it makes sense. No matter batch split or not, I use the same delivery number. Why no batch split works fine but batch split not?

"The sum of the confirmed quantity exceeds the sum of stock items

Message no. VV040

Diagnosis

The availability check in your system is configured in such a way by the check group that, in addition to the ATP quantity calculation, an additional check is run on all available increases and decreases in stock.

During the availability check for Material XX, the system determined when totaling the sum of stock increases and decreases that the sum of the confirmed quantities - 2275.000 KG - exceeded the sum of stock increases - 2010.000 KG -.

System Response

Either no further quantity can be confirmed or confirmed only after a check which includes replenishment lead time.

Procedure

Check the inventory/requirements situation of Material XX and carry out back order processing or reschedule if necessary."

Edited by: Cathy on May 5, 2009 4:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked strategy type for Batch split under this path ING -- Logistic General --Batch Management --Batch Determination and Batch Check -- Strategy types -- Define Sales and Distribution Strategy Types...

Check what they maintained in Batch split block like 0 or any value.

regards

rc gopi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

I fail to find batch split block. Pls help further. Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Cathy.

i am not sure, but i think the availability check could be the reason. when you processed the delivery, was there enough inventory? if not, then the delivery could not be processed further. i also think that availability check "02" could partially be the cause. try changing it to "CH" and test again (this checks specific batches).

regards.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I test as what you have suggested. But it does not work.

As I mention in the preivious post, delivery can proceed further if no batch split. As long as processing batch split, that message prevents from proceeding delivery. Why?

In "delivery split" (define SD strategy types), I check the boxes of "changes allowed" & "overdelivery allowed". But the result is the same.

Any further advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

please also check VCH2 for the batch search condition records. maybe the number of batch splits was specified there.

regards.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thx again. But nothing is maintained there. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again (hehe).

now go back to your sales order and check if the batch was determined there. if yes, then you could not do batch split in the delivery.

it is quite possible that when the sales order was initially created, it confirmed the availability of a certain batch. however, confirmation does not "reserve" the quantity. perhaps part of the quantity supposedly confirmed was taken by other orders prior to the delivery. so when the delivery was created and another availability check was done, it determined a shortage.

a possible setting to avoid this from happening again is to go to OVZ2, and for your availability check 02, enter the value "3" under the accumul. column. what this does is to virtually "reserve" the quantity.

another alternative is, assuming you did not save the delivery document, to go back to sales order and re-determine availability.

hope this helps.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on May 6, 2009 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

In that case

For Batch Split you need to maintain Batch split Item Category - CHSP

Try to maintain Delivery Item category determination IMG u2013-> LE --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item Category determination in deliveriesu201C as

LF(Delivery Dcoument Type) --> NORM (item category Group) --> CHSP(Usage) = TAN

CHSP - Batch split (Maintain it for your delivery document type)

2. TAN item category has to be activated for Automatic Batch determination

path IMG --> LG --> Batch Determination and Batch Check --> Batch Search Procedureallocation and Check Activation --> Activate Automatic Batch determination in SD --> Activate Automatic Batch determination for sales order items

Activate indicators for TAN item category (Maintain it for your Item Category)

3. Allocate automatic Serach procedure/ Activate check

path IMG --> LG --> Batch Determination and Batch Check --> Activate Automatic Batch determination in SD --> Activate Automatic Batch determination for Delivery item categories

Enter your sales area + sales document type +search procedure + Activate u201CCheck Batchu201D indicatoru201D

Activate indicators for delivery item category - TAN

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have maintained the records in VCH1 and also

maintain 'O' in the field selection type in VCH2.

Please get back

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, cathy.

follow the suggestion of sathya as far as the item categories for deliveries are concerned. i now recall we did this for batch splitting in the delivery. i think it will help you.

this will also be needed for STO (but more of that when you need it).

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought you must have already maintained the usage CHSP for TAN.

Yes you first follow what Sathya has said.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy,

If you resolved this then I would like to here from you the solution.

regards

rc gopi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

The main reason is that I overlook the configuration about TAN. Finally, I solve it according to Sathya's advice.

Many thx for your kind attention.

Edited by: Cathy on May 7, 2009 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the same error message "The sum of the confirmed quantity exceeds the sum of stock items"

Message no. VV040

And it is occurring in the pick TO confirmation stage against outbound delivery document for STO. There is 680 qty available in the pick bin but system is giving zero qty available when trying to confirm the pick TO

This is happening in the production system and we have not made any configuration changes recently and also its effecting only one material so far.

Please suggest what could be the issue, would solution suggested by Satya to Cathy be applicable for us too

Please suggest

Answers (0)