Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RFC commit handling question

Hello,

we use XI SP15 for an file -> XI -> babi_salesorder scenario.

I have configured a RFC receiver channel with the new option to do an automatic commit when the bapi return is ok (in order to avoid a bapi wrapper).

Now when i send an order that contains an unknown customer id the message gets processed and is flagged as processed sucessfully.

What i expect is, that the message gets falgged as an error as the bapi returns an error return structure (Type: E ID VP Number 200). The RFC adapter monitor also logs an error (RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system .... BAPI not executed successful).

How con i configure the adapter to set the message to error when the BAPI call returns an error within the return structure?

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Peter,

<i>

As far as i understand we can solve the problem when we switch to synchronous message interfaces and then use the default alerting mechanism on the adapter engine when we get an error right?

</i>

You need synchronous messages only for having a red icon in IS monitoring (SXMB_MONI), not for <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/e5/5d1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Configuring CCMS Alerts for the Adapter Engine</a>

Regards,

Udo

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question