cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing Delete Messages in 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating an OCA application. In it, I have a create scenario, wherein I am creating a new record which has both header and item in minDB. Now I need to modify the items for the created header, before synchronizing (meaning this record is not yet sent to the middleware). In this case it is creating 2 messages in the Middleware, one is a create message n the second one is an update message.

I have to send one message only to the middleware which has the complete set of items along with the header.

Now in order to avoid this, if I delete the previous complete record and create a new record with all the modified data. It still sends a delete message to the middleware for the delete operation performed.Although no actual record is going to the middleware since i deleted the record from mindb. Is there any way , I can suppress this delete message or can i send one single message for create and update.

Because according to the business requirement, It has to be a create operation and not an update operation, in which firstly i will create header and item and then will add some more items to the same header later.

Please help!!

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Sivakumar is absolutely right. The architecture of NW Mobile 7.10 client is such that each operation is captured and sent to the middleware.

Just to explain this, in MI 7.0, all the operations performed on a set of data are stored in a table and finally during synchronization the final XML is prepared and sent to the middleware. Hence, it does not matter how many operations you perform on the data. Only the final state of the data at the time of sync is sent to the middleware.

But in NW Mobile 7.10, each time you perform a save on the application, an xml is prepared and stored in the queue. So, if you performed a create and 2 updates on the same data, 3 xml messages are created and during synchronization all the 3 are sent to the server. Anyways, the end result will be the same.

Best regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh/Sivakumar,

ok. If I proceed with this method. I am getting error messages in the Middleware, which says something like this "Cannot update/delete object which does not exist". This is because the object is not created and I am trying to update the object. So each time i have to modify the Items, One error message will be sent to the middleware.

Is there any way by which I can ignore these messages in middleware because, the person supporting the application , will have lot of trouble identifying the actual error messages from the messages generated due to modification of Items.

Right now the person supporting the application will have to manually view each message and ignore it. In Production scenario these messages will be in thousands and it will be difficult to handle it.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

From the client , deleting the original record is creating this problem as it sends an deleted message to server. Is it really required for you to delete the original record? Incase it is to avoid 2 messages(insert followed by update) from client to DOE, now also 2 messages are transferred to DOE(delete followed by insert).

Currently there is no option available in DOE to discard this inconsistent message and it will give such an error message to the device.

Since the error code for this error will be known , may be application can handle this scenario.

In DOE monitoring , you can filter on error codes for a specific dataobject.But at the end , this is a manual effort.

Regards,

Liji

Edited by: Liji J Kunnath on May 6, 2009 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Fortunately or unfortunately this is not possible. This is due to the underlying architecture of Mobile 7.1 which is quite different the previous releases of Mobile (MI 2.5 and 7.0). To explain the new architecture in simple words, every single operation performed on the client will be sent to the middleware upon synchronization. In your case each of the operation is Create, Update, Delete etc is treated as separate operation although you perform them on the same object. Hence all these operations will be sent to middleware and one of the reasons for this is to ensure that Mobile Administrator is aware of every operation performed by the user on the client. In older releases of MI, if you perform the same operation - Create and then update before sync, then only create would be sent to middleware.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to insert a row using mobile 7.1 UI

I am getting exception

could you please let me know how to insert a record at the item level for the mobile application

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exception you are getting. And what action are you doing, like are you creating a new row in an Existing header or are you creating a new header and a new row?

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anesht,

Can you also let me know what type of application are u creating AWT/JSP/OCA/Webdynpro and on Laptop or PDA.

Best Regards,

Amit