Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE19 (iDoc Test Tool) and case sensitive content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am not able to send case sensitive content via WE19. When I change a value of an existing iDoc (via WE19) all values of the segment are converted to uppercase (independent of the domain).

To reproduce:

1) Open transaction WE19

2) Use any existing iDoc as template

3) Open any segment

4) Fill any field with a lowercase text

5) Press ENTER

6) Re-open the segment and check changed field. -> The value is converted to upper case

This (translate to upper case) happens only on the segment that has been edited in WE19.

In my opinion, the transaction WE19 is not usable because it is not possible to edit/change case-sensitive values. In our customer setting we need to send case-sensitive data in iDocs to the receiver.

Question: Is there any other transaction to read an existing iDoc, change the data case sensitive and send it to the receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Björn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi,

yes - this is a "strange" behaviour ;o)

Only other solution I know you need an IDoc in status 51 for:

- go to bd87

- select the IDoc in status 51

- navigate to the needed data record

- double click it

- menu => display => change

- insert your data

After saving the status will be reset and you can process the IDoc in BD87.

I am not sure this will work for each IDoc and element - but you may give it a try.

For converting an existing to status 51 you can use this report: RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS

Regards,

Kai

1 REPLY 1

Former Member

Hi,

yes - this is a "strange" behaviour ;o)

Only other solution I know you need an IDoc in status 51 for:

- go to bd87

- select the IDoc in status 51

- navigate to the needed data record

- double click it

- menu => display => change

- insert your data

After saving the status will be reset and you can process the IDoc in BD87.

I am not sure this will work for each IDoc and element - but you may give it a try.

For converting an existing to status 51 you can use this report: RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS

Regards,

Kai