cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model does not work after BI query update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where, I built a model from a BI query, which has a chart and it workes fine. But, recently there has been an update on the bi query involving in some structure change. Since the BI query has been updated the chart in the model is not showing any data. I tried "refresh" on the data service and still it does not seem to be pulling in the latest metadata.

To test I created a new model from the updated query and the chart shows up fine. I think the metadata of the query is being cached somewhere on the portal or VC server.

Has anyone faced this issue, Any sugestions on how to go about this, would be really helpful.

thanks,

AE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Check the below thread with the same problem.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Thanks for the reply. I have that setting "Do not cache data services (get latest)", but it dont help.

Is there any other way to delete all the cached metadata. Do you think restarting the server will fix the issue?

Let me know.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Yes. It is a problem in VC.Restarting the server will reflect the changes in BI. But it is not advisable for restarting the server whenever we made changes in BI query.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basheer,

I realise its not realistic to restart the sever everytime. So the only solution we have for this is to re import the data service and re do the mapping?

Any other way we can go about this one?

Do you know if any patches or upgrades have a fix for this one?

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Check the below wiki.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Cachingdatasource

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through this link earlier. I tried the refresh on the data service. But the rest of the solution seems to be for an RFC connection, in case we use a BAPI as data service. In my case its a BI query.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

The refresh on the data service does update the metadata.

But in our case the key figures in the query were replaced by a structure with the same variable names, and this did not update the metadata on the backend. And even though I refresh the data service on the visual composer model, it does not have anything to update, but cannot display the chart as the key figures were replaced by the structure.

I am closing this thread for now. I will open for any further issues.

thanks,

AE

Answers (0)