cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic PO Creation thru assign PR to source of supply (me57)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to have an automatically created PO out of my PR thru ME57. I assign the PR to a source. and press the nice button for generate PO.

But then it doesn't generate the PO, it just shows me the me21n with the PR in the document overview in the left.

I found a setting in customizing: mm/consumption based planning( procurement proposals/ Define Conversion of PR into PO.

There i set the tick for auto 'save PO when assigning' which says: Indicates whether purchase order items, RFQ items or scheduling agreement delivery schedule lines are to be generated automatically from the assigned purchase requisition items.

But it didn't work.

In a nutshell, can you tell how to configure automatic po generation thru me57?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ME57 will drive you through the screen where you have to select the reqs from document overview and drop in the Po basket to create the PO

it will not generate automatically in one click

if you want this functionality then you have to use transction ME59N.

ME57 will assist you from assginment list to PO creation but not in one click

use ME59N for generating automatic PO

to do that in your vandor master check auto PO on purchasing screen and check auto PO in materil master purchasing view as well as the source list should be maintained (info record should exist or contract should have assigned in the source list)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Charly.

I know me59n and have this running too. I just like to have the assignment of the source and automatic po generation in one step.

So, maybe someone knows a possibility?

In fact, I'm rather close, users just need to save in the PO screen, it's only one click, but this makes this step so unnessessary to me.

Thanks for any comments.

Best regards, Paul.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You probably know that you can schedule ME59N to run in background (maybe every 1 hour)

Then just use ME56 instead of ME57. do your source assignment and save.

Next ME59N job will catch the source assigned requisition and convert it to a PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i read it once but didn't think of it.

Perfect.

Thank you very much!!!

Best regards, Paul.

Answers (0)