cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a potential customer record from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Does anyone know how to delete a potential customer that has been created in SAP. As once you have created it, if you dont transfer it into a proper customer record, then the potential customer record will sit there is SAP. This then takes up space. So I wanted to know whether there is a way deleting the potential record.

Thanks

Bindi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what means potential customer.

But if the customer has been userd you can archive and delete it. (Transaction SARA)

If the customer has never been used look in :

/SPRO
 /Financial Accounting (New)
  /Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
   /Customer Accounts
    /Master Data
    ==>Delete Customer Master Data

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

A potential customer is one that has been created and their account group is set to 'Potential Customer'. This means at this stage that no transaction can be carried out against the customer as they have not been transfer into a proper customer account. A credit check, etc is then carried out on the customer, and if successful then customers account group is changed from 'Potential Customer' to 'Sold to Party' for example. However if the record is not transfered and is still in the system as a Potential Customer then we need to be able to remove these.

Is there way to delete these. I tried the above methods however was not successful.

Regards

Bindi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bindi,

I guess them only solution that remain is archiving.

Look at SARA transaction

Best regards

Alain

Answers (0)