cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous - asynchronous interface (RFC - XI - jdbc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello to everybody!

i want configure a synchronous - asynchronous interface (RFC - PI - jdbc) whit my PI 7.1

This RFC send 2 output tables to PI/XI and i want write it into 2 different tables in a SQL Server Database.

How can i do it?

i tried whit one mapping to a unique outbound datatype...but only header table was insert and not rows.

i tried whit 2 Receiver Interfaces but i have on mapping the follow error:

Multiple inbound interfaces not supported for synchronous calls

so??

other possibility?

BPM?

please help me

Thanks

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This RFC send 2 output tables to PI/XI and i want write it into 2 different tables in a SQL Server Database.

you do not need sync ---> async communication here:).....just create a async OB MI (for RFC), and Async IB MI (for DB)...for RFC configuration you have already got the help:)

the mapping that you define will be having the logic to insert the data to two different tables of the DB...just that your receiver structure will have two Statement nodes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope it helps....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

i tried to follow your suggestion but which interface i need use in sender agreement?

RFC name? Z_xxxx

or MI name?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i tried to follow your suggestion but which interface i need use in sender agreement?
RFC name? Z_xxxx 
or MI name?

Sender Agreement -

Sender Details..

All the objects that you create in ID need to be created based on Message Interface.....So include that MI which you have created using Z_xxxx as the message type...

Similarly for receiver determination, receiver agreement...etc....

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem; I have JMS - PI - RFC synchronous scenario. I will receive message from JMS, and depending on the data received, I should call either of two RFCs (NOT BOTH). The BAPI return message should then be sent back to JMS.

Hence, I have one "Sender/Outbound" Message Interface, one receiver determination for that Message Interface - in which there is "one" receiver (backend SAP system).

In "Interface Determination", I specifed the two BAPIs as two Interfaces, and defined conditions based on "context objects" - since I need to know the Interface Mapping "dynamically"

However, I get the error - "Multiple inbound interfaces not supported for synchronous calls ". any suggestions on how to proceed?

I am posting this question here as it is a related issue. Hope it is fine.

Thanks,

Archana

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i suggest send an async call to XI instead of a sync to async scenario

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can opt RFC_synch-->JDBC_Asynch using synch/asynch bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No need of any BPm. It will not be a synchronous one. Perform,two different mappings from the RFC to two different interfaces of two tables. two,receiver detrminations,two interfaces determinations and two receiver agreements. Only one sender agreements.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Reyaz!

thanks for answer.

Didi u never tried it??

because i tried and i have the error described on my first message

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are facing problem because default behavior of RFC is to make a sync call. You may change it using the blog provided by Shabarish above.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,

I have tried this for one file to 3 RFCs in same system. It was success full. with 3 different interface mappings.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have not file to rfc scenario, but RFC to FILE. So problem is different.

Anyway i tried with suggestion about lunch RFC in async. way but i still to have the follow error:

Multiple inbound interfaces not supported for synchronous calls

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want a synchronous scenario here? Can't you post an async call?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prateek!

how is possible send a asyncronus call whit an RFC??

Former Member
0 Kudos