cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a variant default for a particular user?

Former Member

While executing IW72, I have created a variant by name "ABC". Now I have to make this variant default for a particular user. What is the procedure? Please note that this variant must be default for a particular user only.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello

Name the variant like "U_<User Id>". Such convention for variant naming is always defaulted for that particular user

Regards

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

I am trying to create a default variant for an sqvi query.  Can you give me the exact format?  Is it

U_user id or U_<user id>?  Does it work for an sqvi query?  It appears to save single values but not ranges.  Thanks very much for your help

Regards

Sneau

Former Member
0 Kudos

U_User id is the format.

If your user id is S.Jones, then save the variant as U_S.Jones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mahesh,

I tried creating variant with U_User id format, still I don't get the default variant when I go to particular transaction. What can I do further?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must be talking about Z transaction. Because this is a very old thread, you start a new discussion.

ahmed_esmail
Explorer
0 Kudos

its not valid in s4

Avitz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo

I tried this Idea for a program RM06BB30 with variant U_XYZ123 (my username) but it doesn't showed me the variant combination.

What did I do wrong? are they another Idea's?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure you can make 'default' for particular user. But when you enter to particular report transaction like iw72, then you can Goto> 'variant>Get-->ABC . That variant you can protect it while you save that variant, then the variant can only be changed by the person who created it or last changed it.

Kartik was correct. thru that you can make as default.

Regards,

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh k on May 5, 2009 7:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajsh,

I am trying to make a variant default for Tcode MB51 for one user.I followed the same step which Kartik has suggested.But i am unable to get the variant defaulted.Can u tell me what is the steps i need to follow to do that.

Thanks & Regards,

RA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This techique of auto-variant-assignment has been used in PM reports for many years.

It is now starting being used in other modules too.

It looks like MB51 does not have this functon..

PeteA