Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA reports

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to schedule the EarlyWatch Alert in Solution Manager to collect data less frequently than 7 days?

I have used transaction transaction SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN to show an overview of the EarlyWatch Alerts set up in my system. I know that I can change the day of the week that the information is collected (although I have also read in SAP Help that you should not change it from Monday). The number of days is set as 7 and is shown as blue and there is no edit button on the page.

I have tried setting up new EarlyWatch alerts but again it does not give me an option to choose the frequency.

I know that I can choose to send the data to SAP less frequently by configuring The Data Request settings in SDCCN but I would like confirmation from you clever people that Solution Manager can only be set up to collect the system data on a weekly basis.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Eileen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just curious, why you want to do this ?

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Bhudev

We do not have the time to look at DEV/QAS reports every week. Rather than go in once a month and pull off the last 4 or 5 reports it would be good to have one report that covers a 4 week period.

Regards

Eileen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eileen,

I have looked into this before as well, as I wanted to schedule EWA's MORE frequently as we came closer to a Go Live date. I was informed that it was not possible to change the frequency of days other than to manually create more EWA's myself.

My suggestion would be to maybe create a job/reminder for your Operations staff to push the EWA dates out 4 weeks manually after they have been created. (I know this isn't optimal).

But then at least you are seeing a report spanning a 4 week time period.

Also, I have changed the EWA day from Monday before without any conflicts. I just keep all the systems on one consistent day across the board, and my EWA for Solutions is the day after. IE: EWA's are on Tuesday, EWA for Solutions is on Wednesday.

Hope this helps.

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Ben

Thanks for the reply very helpful.

Regards

Eileen

Answers (0)