cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports 11.5 export to PDF small fonts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using crystal reports XI R2, I am creating the reports and exporting them to PDF format using a web app (VS2008). When i export to PDF all of the fonts have been shrunk by about 1pt. I have researched this issue and their seem to be solutions for earlier versions of crystal by either an addon or a reg edit. I can not find the solution for crystal 11.5. Can you help me? I do not wish to change the font size inside the report as i use it for a desktop app as well, i really need it to export to PDF with out shrinkage

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to export report to PDF from Crystal Report Designer are you getting same issue?

For CRXIR2 also you can try with creating ForceLargerFonts in your registry.However before making any changes in Registry editor it is suggested to take backup.

HKEY_USERS\[your security profile]\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

Based on CR version directory structure may be different.

Right-click the sub key and click New > DWORD Value. Name the DWORD value "ForceLargerFonts" and set it to the value of 1.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked in to this solution but i do not have a reg keys for export or PDF do i have to create them? I do believe this to be the right solution, with previous versions there was a patch which would create the keys for you is this the case for 11.5??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to create keys manually at :

Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\

However would suggest you to follow Ludek's post as you have non compatible environment.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use CR XI r2 in .NET 2008. Use CR 2008 or CR 10.5.

BTW.; this:

Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\

will not work as that is for CR 10.2 which ships with .NET 2005 and you are using .NET 2008.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help i have tried this solution and it works thankyou. Do you know how to undo the forcelarger fonts?

I have tried changing the DWORD to 0 and also removing it completely but this does not seem to work?

any ideas?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to remove the ForceLargerFonts key.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have tried that and it does nt work either. any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved thanks for your help greatly appreciated.

To recap to solve the small fonts issue with crystal 11.5 you need to manually create the two new registry keys called Export/Pdf then a DWORD called ForceLargerFonts and set its value to 1 this will then export to the same size it was created in roughly. I recommend a restart after adding the reg keys.

To set things back to normal you just delete the reg keys export and pdf and again i recommend a restart as i did not see these changes take place untill after i restarted my server. I also tried it by just stopping and starting my site in IIS and this worked too.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something Shweta overlooked - I think is this:

I am using crystal reports XI R2, I am creating the reports and exporting them to PDF format using a web app (VS2008).

CR XI r2 is not supported in VS .NET 2008. See [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsassemblyversionsandVisualStudio+.NET] wiki for more details.

I would recommend that you either use the version of CR that bundles with .NET 2008, or upgrade to CR 2008.

Ludek

BTW.; for CR XI r2, when used in supported development environment, [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do] note applies.