cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

As per our business requirement client has come up with the concept of business area, so we have successfully implemented the concept as on 01 April 09.

For this we have identified the open orders which are created before 31st april, delivery & PGI documents created on 31 st april but invoice/acc document is still pending and asked users to complete before the posting period closes i,e by keeeping the posting date as of 31st april, but that has not happend completly and there are still some cases where they have to do the invoicing for the old dated orders with the old business area but the system is not allowing me to go ahead because of the mismatch of business areasi,e before 31st april say 001 as standard and from 1st Apr 09 ZABC

I am not finding any field Business Area in change mode so that i can change the same in order to the clear the error,Pls guide in this how to go about.

And my basic requirement is i need to create the invoice with business area either with current or the old one as of current date but my entire sale cycle should happen.

Pls guide

Regards

Mahendar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Suppose i have created a sale order - Business area - 0001 - Date of creation before 31st Marchi,e before going business area concept live.

&

invoice - business area - 0001 - date of creation after 1st April i,e after business area concept making live.

i,e when iam trying to create the invoice after1st April, accounting document not getting posted for the particular invoice number, system is giving the error as ABCD(company code)/ZXCVASDF(cost center) belong to business area POIU(which is a new business area) not 0001(old business area).

Hope you understood my problem.Pls guide.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mahendar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one answer to my query.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not clear in your issue. If I am correct, whatever Business Area flows into your sale order, that will flow to your billing document also and this being the case, why you are unable to generate. There could be some other problem. Please dig the issue and update the forum so that you will get more inputs from the members.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please respond, is there any solution?

Regards

Mahendar.