cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Application in different time zones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help me in providing answer to the below question. Let's say I have implemented ESS for around 1000 employees. Now these employees are placed at different locations worldwide and in different geographic zones. Now the question is

Is the application able to operate in a minimum of 4 different time zones and provide correct local time and date for internal Calender and other internal transactions ?

Any standard sap documentation for the same will be of great help to me.

Waiting for responses.

Regards,

Pravesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which calendar functions? Generally the portal doesn't care what the time is. There are not many standard portal iViews which show the time. Some of the business package iViews might need to know the user's time, but technically it's not the portal that cares but the underlying application being invoked by the iView. You wlll need to check the functionality of ecah app to see if they are affected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

There are some standard iViews which uses internal calender. For example : Record Working time in ESS which is used for recording working time for the employee. Now this application displays one internal Calender with the Current date marked on the Calender by default.

Now my question is if this application runs in different time zone, will this application will reflect the same date across all geographies or different dates as per the geographic location.

Similarly for time also in standard applications Is it the same case ?

Regards,

Pravesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That iView is not a standard portal iView. It comes with the business package for ESS/MSS. The backend system (ERP) probably doesn't know who the portal user is, so it doesn't know their timezone. You will need to talk to the ESS experts to see if is aware of a user's timezone. It probably assumes the timezone of the ERP system, but might be able to make use the ERP timezone setting for the user.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks