cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Problem : Creating/Modifying OS Accounts for J2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am trying install Sneak Preview SAP Netweaver 2004 Slim Edition. But i gave "Creating/Modifying OS Accounts for J2E" error. I am logging Administrator user of my local machine.

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks

Mehmet

P.S. My error message is below :

ERROR 2006-04-11 11:06:37

FSL-01002 Unable to create account mehmetavsar\SAPServiceJ2E. HRESULT=0x80005009

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mehmet Avsar,

Are you doing a Local installation or installation over a domain? if its over a domain, you have to be a domain administrator. this could possibly give you a error like what you have got..

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Local Installation. And I am logging Administrator username

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I ran into this also, what I did was I created the user manually and then continued the installation. I have since removed that installation and again re-installed and this time I did not get that error. So I believe it is an incosistant error.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understood that you logged into the machine with Administrator rights but If you are logging into domain with administrator rights on your computer and if you start local installation there are chances for getting these type of errors due to domain policy. So create users manually and add it to administrator group and restart the installation

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this will help you out, but I found a few interesting solutions to the issues discussed here.

1) Trying to install NWSp16 on my work laptop.

2) I initially received a domain/username issue. <b>Resolution</b> required me to be plugged into the network either locally, or through a VPN (which causes another issue later on).

3) Once plugged in locally, the install process validates my username and the group privileges I have.

4) Creating/Modifying OS Accounts failed. <b>Resolution</b> Since I was plugged into my work network, their password policy (when creating users) became necessary. Meaning, you have to make sure the password you use during the install process for the two users that are created will pass your work's password policy.

Once I corrected the passwords, the install process created the users without any issues.

Hope this helps.

Michael Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is NWSp16? Where can I download it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Netweaver preview.You can download it from sdn.sap.com --> downloads

Thanks

prince