SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of POS DM in SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work on SAP BI. POS DM is an add-on to BI.

I had some questions here:

1. Is the configuration of POS DM done by a SAP BI consultant or a Retail Functional Consultant?

2. The data from POS DM flows to SAP BI as well as SAP Retail. So, do the retail guys configure it?

3. Please let me know how we can configure this. Are there any documents available for this.

Any kind og help is appreciated.

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl use the following link for your requirement:

help.sap.com/bp_retail603/BBLibrary/Documentation/778_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Regards,

Manikumaar

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks a lot. You see me smiling now !!

Cheers

Vishal

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been able to do the POS config as per the document given, but still there are a couple of areas where we continue to face problems.

1. While defining Outbound Tasks, it is ot accepting our User Profile. It is giving some Namespace Error.

2. While Manually processing data, we get an error saying No BW system is connected to the Datasource; but the RFC is fine, Partner Profile has been maintained, all configurations have been done.

Are we still missing something.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I highly recommend course W26POS from the SAP for Retail Curriculum (Link: http://service.sap.com/~sapidp/011000358700000541792007E) for POS DM Details.

1) Can you please try to select your profile by using the F4-Help? This should allow you to use your previously created profile. If this does not work you should raise a support ticket.

2) The error message for the non-connected BW-Systems points to the fact that Task 0001 is relying on BW Delta Queue being active and initialized without data transfer.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

2. There are a few notes which cater to this issue. I don't have them with me now.

Regards

Mughil

0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible, can you pass me the note numbers?

I am trying to search the same, but since you know this, it would be appreciated if you could pass the numbers.

Thank you.