cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tp ended with error code 0208,Is the probelm with 2003 server..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using SAP ECC 6.0,SQL and OS is WINDOWS 2003 SERVER R2, 64 BIT

we are frequently facing STMS problem.. when we are trying to transport it throws error "tp ended with error code 0208". I checked in SAP side there is no issues...Once we reboot the server every thing comes to normal..

Just I want to know what exactly the probelm is... is the probelm with 2003 server..?

Regards,

Rk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

It sounds as if your servers are having intermittent connection issues.

Please check the following before and when the error happens again:

If you are running STMS from the same server where the file share exists (ex. DEV):

- remote into the server (as sidadm) and try to access the share using Windows Explorer

If you are running STMS from another SAP server (ex. TST):

- remote into that server (as sidadm) and try to access the share using Windows Explorer

- from the same server, try pinging the share server multiple times (separate runs), to verify same IP address each time

- run an nslookup on the share server, also multiple times

Also, check that there is only one DNS entry for the share server.

Please post the results.

You may have already done this, but also check all TMS alerts from the STMS transaction (under Monitor --> TMS alerts)

Finally, check your Windows server system logs for any entries at the time of the error.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check dev_evt file in /usr/sap/SID/transSID/bin. Also check owner of data and cofiles. We were getting error code 0212 in tp as authorization issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Give sharing and all permission to the sapmnt and sap folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

All permission's are there for sapmnt and sap folder....

Best Regards,

Rk

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that this is OS problem because we are also using Windows 2003 Server.

Could you please check tp system log for more details?

Also please follow the below link:

[STMS Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a3/139838280c4f18e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faisal,

Thanks for your reply, I checked in SAP side every thing looks gud...for past 1 year its working fine,and also I have reconfigured STMS. Once we reboot the system, STMS is working fine with out any issues...

Previously I have posted one thread with subject "tp ended with error code 0208" even that time alos just I restart the system it works fine for me... with same issue, then I suspect that the issue with OS..

Please advise me here....How to resolve the issue.. ?

Best Regards,

Rk

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RK,

Have you checked tp system log for more details by any way ?

Regards,

Faisal