Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autosys problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i run a report in HR with autosys user,foreground everything works fine

Samething when i run as background job it is giving exception like "Runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION has occurred"

the report is using PP01 transaction.

any idea where exatly getting wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Scheduling for a background Job, u have to create a variant if ur transaction code contain screen & if it is using PP01 then u have to create variant in which u have to ur combination, the same u re putting in while runing in foreground.

Hope this will help u.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

we don't have any screen.we have a unix file on unix server.

in foreground we are running the report with a variant contains the filepath of a unix file.in foreground there is no problem at all.

when you schedule background job with a variant iam getting the error in pp01 transaction.

this problem again not coming with normal user.,only with autosys user.

please help me in this regard

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this autosys user is a service user or a communication user.

With regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

as of my knowledge service users only.

some jobs they schedule it for sometime as a batch automatically.

The person in oniste running with his user id or running with my user id we are not getting the problem.

they create user which has similar to autosuser and gave all the required authorizations to rectify the problem.

Eventhough iam getting tough to find a solution bcoz the error iam getting only when i run it in background.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some authorization which is missing out.... as it works fine with your user id...

\

contact the BASIS team and they would be the best person to help you out solving the issue by giving right authorizations...

Regards,

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

They checked with basis people.They checked all autorizations and same as our user authorizations.