cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory valuation by serial number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have come across a peculiar requirement from one of our customer.

Their inventory is valuated by FIFO method and they use Serial numbers on each and every transaction for their business.

As per the system the valuation at Delivery is taking by the FIFO method.

The customer has a requirement to get the inventory value based on the serial no. Is there any way to get out of this situation.

The Item ABC001 is bought at 1000 unit price with Qty 2 by having serial numbers qwe1,qwe2.

In the second transaction

The Item ABC001 is bought at 1200 unit price with Qty 2 by having serial numbers qwe3,qwe4.

As per the system if we create delivery document for the same item with qty 2 by giving serial number selection with qwe3 and qwe4, the system is taking the value for the items as 2000.

But, my customer wants it to be as 2400.

Is there any way to solve this.

Regards,

Jagadeesh V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh,

As per my knowledge cost calculation by serial number can not be realized in current Business One

version.

In SAP business one, cost of goods sales is calculated from cost price of the item. The calculation of each item's cost price depends on the costing method you have chosen for it on the inventory tab page .

Item is the lowest unit for cost calculation and the cost price cannot be calculated by serial number separately. Since we couldn't set different cost price for the same item with different serial numbers, it

is not possible to calculate the cost of goods sales by serial number.

Regards,

Varun

SAP Business One Forum Team.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Is SAP Business One 9.0 resolving this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if this was ever resolved as well.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This functionality does not exists in B1 and is practically difficult to achieve even if you were to create an Add-on

Suda